**Rat Fest** Who's Coming & Bringing What?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to add, that there is a No Frills about a 5 minute or so drive from the park if we forget something like that...a Canadian Tire/Dominion about 10 mins, etc. :nod:

It's a good area for a single woman without a car :thumbup:

lilspaz68 said:
I have a big favour to ask of someone coming from the west side of Toronto.

Is anyone planning on driving neaby Ren's in Oakville on Sunday?

I am almost out of aspen, and I called a petstore that often can have it ordered in, but of course just this week, the policy has changed and instead of weekly deliveries they are getting monthly... :doh:

The aspen bale (regular) is $13.99 and I can paypal or pay you when you get to the Fest?

No harm in asking right? :wink2:

i can pick it up no problem, it's only about a 10 min drive for me. just remind me it's in my car, i may forget as it's not unusual for me to leave mine there :thumbup:

just one?

dogsnbears said:
lilspaz68 said:
I have a big favour to ask of someone coming from the west side of Toronto.

Is anyone planning on driving neaby Ren's in Oakville on Sunday?

I am almost out of aspen, and I called a petstore that often can have it ordered in, but of course just this week, the policy has changed and instead of weekly deliveries they are getting monthly... :doh:

The aspen bale (regular) is $13.99 and I can paypal or pay you when you get to the Fest?

No harm in asking right? :wink2:

i can pick it up no problem, it's only about a 10 min drive for me. just remind me it's in my car, i may forget as it's not unusual for me to leave mine there :thumbup:

just one?

One is awesome!!! Oh thank you!! :joy:

Yay!!!! Just found out I'm definitely attending (gotta hate the last minute schedule postings at my workplace...lol). Will try to bring something snacky and vegetarian friendly but can't confirm exactly what until the morning of (BBQ night before might run late - will depend on how awake I am). I can eat just about anything except raspberries and avocado :sad3: ever since I got pregnant they just don't agree with me but it's not a biggie (no anaphylactic shock worries here). Can't wait to meet up with y'all!!!!

Donna-Lynne
:happydance:

That's great Donna-Lynne! I really look forward to seeing you!

Is your son gonna come too? He's too cute not to share with us :giggle:

This sounds like so much fun, our New Zealand rat club meets are. Have a great time everyone and maybe one day I will be in Canada and join in :D

Looks like we're going to have a pretty good turn out!

I made sure to get a sheltered area because I was afraid of rain, it never occured to me that it would save us from the hot, searing sun! There is a very nice pool right beside us so bring your bathing suits!

I have a big problem - I don't know if anyone will be able to help. I was planning to rent a mini-van or pick-up truck for the weekend so I can haul my BBQ & all the rat food down there but I'm not going to be able to do that. The price for renting was very high ($137+) - more than I can afford right now. So I for sure will not be able to bring my BBQ. Can anyone else bring a propane BBQ? Or, do you guys think we could manage with 1? Moon, I'm counting on yours now!!

As for the Harlan, I will pack as much as I can into my car but I'm not sure I'll be able to fit it all so I might have to short some of the larger orders (Kayla & lj) and bring it to you another day. The most I've ever had in my car before was 18 bags but I have 24 to go to RatFest and I somehow have to fit 2 coolers in there too. So something has to give - I just don't know what yet!

If anyone has any ideas feel free to suggest!!

Mumsy... what if on my way to the Fest, I stop in at your place and load up some bags in my car? You might already be gone to the fest by then though... probably will be passing by Barrie at around 10:30-11am.

Yes, as Vanessa said, I'll be grabbing her BBQ as well as my own.

Mumsy, I'm in no rush for my order, and it can be omitted if necessary. We can always arrange another day.

Moon said:
Yes, as Vanessa said, I'll be grabbing her BBQ as well as my own.

Mumsy, I'm in no rush for my order, and it can be omitted if necessary. We can always arrange another day.

I guess I should have checked the thread before I pm'd everyone! You guys are great! 2 BBQ's! :joy:

jorats said:
Mumsy... what if on my way to the Fest, I stop in at your place and load up some bags in my car? You might already be gone to the fest by then though... probably will be passing by Barrie at around 10:30-11am.

That would be great! You guys are life savers!! :thumbup: I probably will be gone by then - I'll talk to you about what I'll need when you get here today.

MumsyRat said:
jorats said:

That would be great! You guys are life savers!! :thumbup: I probably will be gone by then - I'll talk to you about what I'll need when you get here today.

You'll talk to Scott then. I didn't go, I had last minute stuff to do before Sunday.

Back