Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally taking the plunge! I will start volunteering (very small scale though) for the Montreal SPCA - will be updating profiles for a portion of the exotics on Petfinder. Who knows, maybe I'll become a volunteer freak like Victoria? :cheeky:

Not very likely! :giggle:

Should I spend another year teaching in the north? I don't have to decide to February but of course it's on my mind. My loans won't be 100% paid off by the end of this year so I should stay but can I handle another year up here. I need to experience winter before I decide but the decision is constantly on my mind :(

smilez_n_hugs said:
Should I spend another year teaching in the north? I don't have to decide to February but of course it's on my mind. My loans won't be 100% paid off by the end of this year so I should stay but can I handle another year up here. I need to experience winter before I decide but the decision is constantly on my mind :(

Do you enjoy it?
Do you get the summer off? Can you come home for the summer?

crumbilina said:
smilez_n_hugs said:

Do you enjoy it?

I love teaching so in the work aspect I enjoy it but because the community is sooo small I don't have much of a life outside of school. And yes paid summer off and I will definitely be coming home for the summer.

smilez_n_hugs said:
crumbilina said:
[quote="smilez_n_hugs":2m12vq0s]Should I spend another year teaching in the north? I don't have to decide to February but of course it's on my mind. My loans won't be 100% paid off by the end of this year so I should stay but can I handle another year up here. I need to experience winter before I decide but the decision is constantly on my mind :(

Do you enjoy it?

I love teaching so in the work aspect I enjoy it but because the community is sooo small I don't have much of a life outside of school. And yes paid summer off and I will definitely be coming home for the summer.

[/quote:2m12vq0s]

You probably need more time there to really get the feel of what you want to do. :hugs:

I am so very very happy!

I love my ratty boys and my kitty girls

so much love, it's almost painful but in a good way you know?
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'd really like for a new poutine truck to open and have a grand opening sample size testing day or something. They need to use different gravies, like chicken gravy, and wine gravy, and the different toppings of course. Full sample platter of each poutine should only be like $20. I'd be there all day.

998794_10153487589305377_134977006_n.jpg

I have 3 new rescue ratties coming, but they have names already (their owner had to give them up at 8 months old). I can't decide whether it's ok to rename them or not. And I'm kind of stressed about intros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fexpress said:
I have 3 new rescue ratties coming, but they have names already (their owner had to give them up at 8 months old). I can't decide whether it's ok to rename them or not. And I'm kind of stressed about intros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New home, new names. To animals, names are just sounds, identifiers. To humans, it's who we are so there's more value to us than to them. Go ahead and change the names!

TheHermit said:
I'd really like for a new poutine truck to open and have a grand opening sample size testing day or something. They need to use different gravies, like chicken gravy, and wine gravy, and the different toppings of course. Full sample platter of each poutine should only be like $20. I'd be there all day.

Oh YUM! :joy: :bow: :dance:

I never dreamed it would get this much worse, my fuel assistance is cut to less than half what I got last year

how am I going to keep my boys warm? and still buy food?

Petunia said:
I never dreamed it would get this much worse, my fuel assistance is cut to less than half what I got last year

how am I going to keep my boys warm? and still buy food?
We have food banks around here, where food has been donated and people can get it for free. Do you have something like that around where you live?

Back