Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was really miserable those days. But, I also don't think I have much room to complain. We had generators enough to function, others had nothing. A hotel room seemed bad, others needed one more, and keeping a sick, busy toddler in one room would have been worse. At least I didn't have the baby in those days since that'd have been worse again. Plus, despite the warnings of sick kids don't potty train, never try it with a new baby and boys train later, ha, I had no problems ever again. And, well, four days of Popsicles was fun.

Aww, foster kittens! Nick is positive he's not a cat and cats are evil. So he's the only feline overlord. He shows no gratitude that Mat brought him home, saved from all but certain death. I love Nick.

I think it would be so cool to see these move... :D

tumblr_mpbvf1UhFf1qbe766o3_1280_zpsd2857816.jpg

tumblr_mpbvf1UhFf1qbe766o1_1280_zps7fae6a76.jpg

tumblr_mpbvf1UhFf1qbe766o2_1280_zps5d5886c5.jpg

tumblr_mpbvf1UhFf1qbe766o4_1280_zpsf3552b19.jpg

jorats said:
I'm so very excited! In a couple of weeks I'll be attending the open house at Wishing Well Sanctuary. My sister and her husband got a private tour in Aug and haven't stopped raving about it. I can't wait to meet all the wonderful rescued farm animals.
http://www.wishingwellsanctuary.org/index.html

That's so cool! you'll have to take lots of photos and share!
We did an open house at our wildlife center out west. it was really cool to see their vet facility and all the behind the scenes stuff. and meet the animals, of course. they rehabd and release most critters, but a few cant be released and become loved education animals. we got to hang out with a Oppossum!

temblabamomo said:
That's so cool! you'll have to take lots of photos and share!
We did an open house at our wildlife center out west. it was really cool to see their vet facility and all the behind the scenes stuff. and meet the animals, of course. they rehabd and release most critters, but a few cant be released and become loved education animals. we got to hang out with a Oppossum!

I'll have to look into our local wildlife centre to see if they ever have open houses. That would be so cool!

Today I got stood up by my local rat rescue... the back of my care full of a 10g tank, a 40 gallon tank, and three cages, cage liners and a bunch of hammocks, wheels, hidy houses and a couple of toys. We've been talking all week about this and now won't answer my phone calls or texts I waited for 30 minutes and have to go to work :(

Ace8670 said:
Today I got stood up by my local rat rescue... the back of my care full of a 10g tank, a 40 gallon tank, and three cages, cage liners and a bunch of hammocks, wheels, hidy houses and a couple of toys. We've been talking all week about this and now won't answer my phone calls or texts I waited for 30 minutes and have to go to work :(
That really sucks! I'm hoping that something more important came up, like a rescue, and not some lame excuse...

She finally got back to me she actually had overslept because of my job I don't get off until late then with making dinner and all stuff I have to do I usually don't make it to bed until around 5am I got up at 9 to meet her. I'm trying to be understanding she did have a big adoption event yesterday but at the moment I feel tired and upset she missed meeting me. And even though I'm still trying work out a way to get the stuff to her today she isn't really working with me at all on it. :redhot:

BF is on his way to the hospital. :? Probably nothing major, but the clinic sent him anyway for a check-up - he's got acute pain behind one eye when training or doing other activities, that eases down after a while, but remains like some sort of headache. He probably just trained too hard last week, but still - not knowing and being stuck at work is making me worry all over the place... :panic:

Unepuce said:
BF is on his way to the hospital. :? Probably nothing major, but the clinic sent him anyway for a check-up - he's got acute pain behind one eye when training or doing other activities, that eases down after a while, but remains like some sort of headache. He probably just trained too hard last week, but still - not knowing and being stuck at work is making me worry all over the place... :panic:

Hope its nothing serious and he is alright.

Ace8670 said:
She finally got back to me she actually had overslept because of my job I don't get off until late then with making dinner and all stuff I have to do I usually don't make it to bed until around 5am I got up at 9 to meet her. I'm trying to be understanding she did have a big adoption event yesterday but at the moment I feel tired and upset she missed meeting me. And even though I'm still trying work out a way to get the stuff to her today she isn't really working with me at all on it. :redhot:

One would think people would be more grateful when getting a donation!

My heart is breaking a little. My male foster cat, Tiki is going to Petsmart today, better chance of adoption when kept there. I will miss that little man. :sad3:

TikiSleepy_zps573b8139.jpg

Tiki_zps28b81669.jpg

If I weren't so allergic to cats, I would say... ADOPTED!!! He looks like such a good, good boy!!! :heart:

I'm sorry you have to part with him... hard being a foster, hey? I could never do it, I'm afraid...

Back