Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've come to the conclusion that I refuse to spend my money and Valentines Day with someone who treats me rotten. I'm sending a text to him tomorrow morning explaining that something has come up and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm not doing this. If you want to be a jerk, I'll treat you like a jerk.

fexpress said:
What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?
:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

I was just gonna gripe about my bathroom ceiling flooding and having to come down tomorrow but this cracked me up so much,

it really doesn't seem like all that big a deal after all :lol:

I have made the first attempt to remedy my morning problems. I have posted up signs that suggests the hallway and the bathroom (which shares a wall with my room) are "quiet zones" and should not be hollered in. These signs are in bright red and can't be missed. I hope this helps.

note to self, do not chop onions when tired while taking coumadin
second note to self: add bandaids to shopping list
third note to self: buy bandaids in bulk from now on :lol:

jorats said:
When do you stop bailing out your kids? When does it become a habit and your kids no longer learn from the bailout?

when they are no longer "kids"
I don't think they learn anything from being bailed out except perhaps that they don't need to take responsibility cuz mom/dad will bail them out

they learn from not being bailed out and facing the consequences of their actions, which is much much more painful for their parents, I believe, than it it is for them.

it's very hard to allow your kids to suffer the natural consequences of their choices and not step in. but I think it's worth it in the long run. even if they hate you for it for a little while.
:hugs:

Despite having had no balance on the card in years, my sister recently received a letter from Home Depot letting her know that her credit card with the store would no longer be honoured. She was told to contact a credit agency for more information. This morning, she received the report from the agency.

My mother passed away at the end of 1999 and never had a Home Depot card, but somehow all of my mother's information made it into my sister's credit report. The report has my sister's Social Insurance Number, but lists my sister's name as an alias of my mother. My mother's employment information is also listed.

So, I can understand why Home Depot no longer considers my sister a worthy credit risk since the credit agency mixed up all of her information with someone who has been dead for over 12 years.

I got a letter a couple weeks ago from the government telling me that there's a possibility that my student loan information may have been compromised because an employee "misplaced" a computer thumbdrive containing that data.

This really is scary. Even when you do everything you can to protect your private information, the government and even the credit reporting agencies themselves appear to be a very weak link in the chain. :shock:

that is scary!
there was something on the news recently about one in every 5 ppl have mistakes on their credit report

I keep checking mine and so far so good, knock wood, but I wouldn't be surprised if something popped up

I have a legal alias and I'm kind of surprised that hasn't caused any issues with my credit, although there WAS someone with the same name as my birth name, who was running up bills all over NH and not paying them, and I had to prove on two occasions that I was NOT that person!

I hope this gets sorted out quickly for your sister and that nothing bad comes of your compromised info.

I had a credit card compromised and they sent out new cards and issued all sorts of warnings. I was very glad that the company was on top of it all.

I check my credit report compulsively.... I disputed a bunch of stuff with it, and won all of them. Nothing completely off the wall yet though.

I have the body aches to a new level. Any sort of movement of my head or my eyes makes my brain hurt so bad it feels like it's about to explode. Even touching my hair hurts! My legs ache SO badly, they feel bruised or broken but there's not a scratch on them. My back feels like it did back in December, constantly aches and hurts. Rubbing my legs and my head just seems to make it worse, a hot shower momentarily offered small relief but that was hours ago.... No sleep for me tonight.

Ugh. Death would be welcomed to ease the pain at the moment, that's how bad it is.

Such a shame that no one on the Facebook Rat Shack got the message...
This new rat group is getting on my nerves. I don't want to see this forum shut down but no one on Facebook seems to care...

Aren't we all busy? I think it's just pure laziness to refuse to post on the forum just because Facebook is easier.

It's kind of hilarious when you're sitting in a crowded row of computer users at the public library and you notice how everyone is staring at your computer screen and quickly looking away every now and then...apparently looking at rats is viewed as being a little odd.

mia9_28 said:
Such a shame that no one on the Facebook Rat Shack got the message...
This new rat group is getting on my nerves. I don't want to see this forum shut down but no one on Facebook seems to care...

Aren't we all busy? I think it's just pure laziness to refuse to post on the forum just because Facebook is easier.

It's not that I'm too lazy, it's that facebook loads easier on my phone than the forum does. I'm not always home (lately, I'm rarely home), and I like updates and loading facebook is quicker and looks nicer.

I think it's slightly unfair to go straight to attacks on people without knowing the circumstances of their life. You don't know what's going on. You don't know how much time they have in a day to be on facebook or the shack. I know for sure life gets super crazy sometimes and sometimes I really can't make it to the forum to post, sometimes all I can do is a quick update on Facebook.

I stopped posting frequently because of things like this. It's one thing to not agree with what a person says or does, it's another to attack them personally without knowing the full circumstances. When I first started coming to the Shack, it was the same in that it was rescue based and that a lot of rats came from snake owners. But the advice and attitude was a lot gentler. Sometimes it seems like a new poster will be ganged up on until they are banned or badgered into submission. I fully accept that no one is going to agree with everything being posted, but isn't there a way to disagree without making it personal?

daisylynn, I was not attacking you personally? I don't even know who you are.
These are my thought after reading many comments from different people on the Facebook Rat Shack and the new group. It has nothing to do with you, for all I know.

If the first words out of someone's mouth when calling 911 are "This really isn't an emergency but" I feel I should be allowed to hang up on them.... :cop: That goes along with when they call to ask for directions and/or a phone number... :thumbup:

Back