Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how's this for a cliche:

had a drug induced hallucination (from tramadol, a prescribed med)
guess what I saw?

someone in a white coat standing over me

they're coming to take me away, hahahohoheehee! :laugh4:

I kept closing my eyes and hoping he/she would be gone when I opened them but the damn thing persisted

It was easy to tell it was a hallucination because the figure in the white coat was floating in the air :lol:

not quite so funny= this means I can't take tramadol for pain any more (it didn't really work very well anyways!)
and I can't take any real opiates, I have an even worse reaction to those

so what does this leave me??? :sad3:

gotta get back to the pain clinic and see what they can do
:gaah:

Good luck. I don't respond to pain meds well either. Thankfully I can take T3, I've been known to go strait on it after surgeries. I'd prefer to take a milder pain killer that I'm not miserable on.

Pink said:
Good luck. I don't respond to pain meds well either. Thankfully I can take T3, I've been known to go strait on it after surgeries. I'd prefer to take a milder pain killer that I'm not miserable on.

I'm allergic to tylenol and codeine

I was taking more tramadol than usual because I couldn't get my celebrex refilled, it needed approval from insurance

the celebrex works the best for the arthritis but isn't enough by itself any more

they offered me percocet and some other opiate but I can't take them I had oxycodone after my gall bladder surgery and I was wide awake for three days straight- and it didnt work for the pain at all (but I can take ibuprofen, thank goodness)

they kept commenting in the recovery room about how "alert and active" I was. Turns out I have a paradoxical reaction to opiates, rather then make me drowsy and dopey, they make me hyper and I can't sit still or sleep etc

I'd go for a cortisone shot but I think they already gave me the maximum amount of those.
and I can't get euflexa again til mid November

I hate being in pain, it makes me so grouchy :oops: :wallbang: :rant:

Aren't paradoxical reactions fun? I get them to anti-anxiety meds. I love having intense panic attacks and not sleeping for a week strait!

Pink said:
Aren't paradoxical reactions fun? I get them to anti-anxiety meds. I love having intense panic attacks and not sleeping for a week strait!

I had an anxiety attack just reading this!
so what can you do for anxiety, take a stimulant? :shock:

Petunia said:
Pink said:

I had an anxiety attack just reading this!
so what can you do for anxiety, take a stimulant? :shock:

I changed my life completely and absolutely. I broke off a five year relationship, ended friendships with my best friends, and moved on. Definitely not a move for everyone, but I'm so much happier and healthier now. After doing all this I was able to find an anti-depressent that helped push me over the last little bit I needed to help my anxiety. It did take a LOT of trial and error to find a drug that I didn't have unhandleable side effects.

If I die tonight, it's because I did this to Hank.
IMG_6607.jpg

Petunia said:
Zooy said:
If I die tonight, it's because I did this to Hank.
IMG_6607.jpg

we need a cat of the month prize, and I nominate this photo

that's too damn sweet!
and I think he kinda likes it too :giggle:

What the heck we have had other critters get nominated for rpom.
I second

Awww thanks guys! Hank's just too cute! And since I'm writing this post, I'm still alive.

Ah... not that long. I had a week at Christmas, which in my book doesn't really qualify as vacation, but it's my yearly vacation I'm enjoying now. I work in a consulting society, and work is just crazy. Those last 8 months really do feel like 2 years - I'm exhausted. It doesn't help that I go to bed past midnight all the time because evenings seem so short with all I need to do at home for the furkids - and that I HAVE to spend time with them! :giggle:

Back