Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crumbilina said:
Found out today that my fearful cat who doesn't like anyone but me, drools on me when she lies on my lap >.<

She has only come to lie on my lap twice. The first time I thought that it was just my water bottle leaking... this time I had no water bottle...

What cat drools??? haha

very happy cats drool! :nod:

however, some cats will drool due to dental problems, so if she hasn't seen a vet recently and the drooling is new, you might want to get them checked out.

Petunia said:
crumbilina said:
Found out today that my fearful cat who doesn't like anyone but me, drools on me when she lies on my lap >.<

She has only come to lie on my lap twice. The first time I thought that it was just my water bottle leaking... this time I had no water bottle...

What cat drools??? haha

very happy cats drool! :nod:

however, some cats will drool due to dental problems, so if she hasn't seen a vet recently and the drooling is new, you might want to get them checked out.

haha! I can't even get close to her teeth!
They both need their shots by the end of the month so I'll have her checked out then! Never thought of dental problems, thanks for the heads up.
She was purring VERY loudly when she was drooling with what looked like a giant grin on her face. lol

You have no idea how happy I am that she will come to me and sit on my lap. It has been 1 year and 2.5 months since I got her and she is FINALLY starting to trust me :D She dives under the couch for anyone else (besides the b/f) who comes into the apartment.

crumbilina said:
Petunia said:
They both need their shots by the end of the month so I'll have her checked out then! Never thought of dental problems, thanks for the heads up.
She was purring VERY loudly when she was drooling with what looked like a giant grin on her face. lol

You have no idea how happy I am that she will come to me and sit on my lap. It has been 1 year and 2.5 months since I got her and she is FINALLY starting to trust me :D She dives under the couch for anyone else (besides the b/f) who comes into the apartment.

yup even some vets get nervous about looking in a cat's mouth :lol:

that's great that she will sit on your lap! I have had Nell since she was 9 mos old and she still will not sit on my lap and will only tolerate petting and brushing on her terms~ and she is going to be 13 in October! :roll: :giggle:

if you don't see her drooling at other times, then it's probably *not* her teeth. You've just made this girl very very very happy and relaxed!!

I've only seen a couple of cats drool when they were happy- and yeh, they do look like they are grinning too :D

Petunia said:
crumbilina said:
Petunia said:

yup even some vets get nervous about looking in a cat's mouth :lol:

that's great that she will sit on your lap! I have had Nell since she was 9 mos old and she still will not sit on my lap and will only tolerate petting and brushing on her terms~ and she is going to be 13 in October! :roll: :giggle:

if you don't see her drooling at other times, then it's probably *not* her teeth. You've just made this girl very very very happy and relaxed!!

I've only seen a couple of cats drool when they were happy- and yeh, they do look like they are grinning too :D

This makes me very happy :D
I never really understood her - your typical tortie, midnight crazies and everything. Does NOT like people. Does NOT like being touched, and there she is purring, drooling and grinning :D

Happy Day!

I have a drooler too. It drives me nuts, I'm very sensitive to touch and other feelings and do NOT like the feeling of drool going down my arm. She's probably fine, I've met many droolers during my time in rescue, most seem to be loud purrers too. Vet checks are a good idea though :).

Pink said:
I have a drooler too. It drives me nuts, I'm very sensitive to touch and other feelings and do NOT like the feeling of drool going down my arm. She's probably fine, I've met many droolers during my time in rescue, most seem to be loud purrers too. Vet checks are a good idea though :).

lol I can't say that I like the feeling either.... but I am super happy that she is happy

I have one cat that's a real drooler and she only does it when she's really happy. There's nothing quite like lying on the bed, with a cat looking down into your face, and having a giant drop of drool land next to your mouth. Let's just say, I learned my lesson quickly - now I always prop my head up with a pillow or two when I'm on the bed and this cat wants attention! :wink:

KMG365 said:
I have one cat that's a real drooler and she only does it when she's really happy. There's nothing quite like lying on the bed, with a cat looking down into your face, and having a giant drop of drool land next to your mouth. Let's just say, I learned my lesson quickly - now I always prop my head up with a pillow or two when I'm on the bed and this cat wants attention! :wink:

Awe Kevin where is the love??? LOL

What is the point of saying you ship to other countries, but then the shipping price for 3lb of food is so high you can get a decent size cage for it? :rant:

The kid isn't kicking to his normal pattern tonight. In fact he's barely kicked at all today. Come on little man, kick your mom so she stops worrying that she OD'ed you on peanut butter.

Who wouldn't want a doughnut-cheeseburger? :mrgreen:

450_krispy_kreme_cheeseburger_110817.jpg

"Two glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts flanked a lean burger patty topped with American cheddar cheese, tomato, lettuce and bacon. Fried eggs are also available as a topping, if all that is not quite enough."

"This creation consists of 1,500 calories, and can top the scales with as many as 2,000 calories if you add bacon and egg as toppings. KFC's Double Down chicken sandwich has just over 500 calories, and that was enough to make a nutritionist's head explode." (Source: CTV.ca)

KMG365 said:
Who wouldn't want a doughnut-cheeseburger? :mrgreen:

450_krispy_kreme_cheeseburger_110817.jpg

"Two glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts flanked a lean burger patty topped with American cheddar cheese, tomato, lettuce and bacon. Fried eggs are also available as a topping, if all that is not quite enough."

"This creation consists of 1,500 calories, and can top the scales with as many as 2,000 calories if you add bacon and egg as toppings. KFC's Double Down chicken sandwich has just over 500 calories, and that was enough to make a nutritionist's head explode." (Source: CTV.ca)

Ok that is just plain gross this early in the morning especially since I am only on java number 1.

Hey Kevin, I'm not much of a calorie counter... but your doughnut sandwich looks like you're going to induce a heart attack with one bite. Despite being young and full of life... I would suggest a healthier sandwich.

Poor Scout when nose to nose with Joshua. She kept looking at me like what do I do and I told her to leave it and back away. My old girl listened. :heart:

eagle said:
Poor Scout when nose to nose with Joshua. She kept looking at me like what do I do and I told her to leave it and back away. My old girl listened. :heart:

awww! I'm gonna assume Scout is a dog, and if so, I gotta say, GOOD GIRL!

I had a dog visit here and she was a hunting dog and boy did she want to eat my ratties! I know someone who has poodles, though and they leave the rats alone for the most part, I mean they have no interest in eating them

what kind of dog is Scout?

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ANYONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW ALREADY:
I am a crazy person. No, really, I have a mental illness that is so bad, I am disabled by it. The meds and the illness itself have destroyed a good bit of my brain

I often do things that DO NOT MAKE SENSE. this is actually normal for a crazy person. I do things that do not make sense to me, even.

However I am still a thinking, breathing, living FEELING person. I do my best to be kind to everyone, in fact I go out of my way to be kind to people even when they have not treated me all that well, in some cases.

my only request is that you don't expect me to make sense- ok that, and to be able to remember things.
I can't remember things that are important for me to remember in my own life, so please please please! do not be offended if i don't remember the name of your rat(s) or if you have other pets, or things of that sort. It's got nothing to do with me not caring, I do care, and very much so.
I just have swiss cheese for a brain, and can not even hold onto the things I need to remember to get thru my own life without some serious difficulties.

I hope that this helps some people to understand what may have been confusing in the past.

I don't need sympathy or pity or anything else. I just need people to understand that I have an illness that affects my brain and I can't do anything about it.

I"m sorry. Believe me I"m sorry that I've got it, my life would be so much easier and I'd wouldn't be so damn poor if I were well and able to work and function normally.

ok end of note, carry on .............
:giggle:

Petunia said:
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ANYONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW ALREADY:
I am a crazy person. No, really, I have a mental illness that is so bad, I am disabled by it. The meds and the illness itself have destroyed a good bit of my brain

I often do things that DO NOT MAKE SENSE. this is actually normal for a crazy person. I do things that do not make sense to me, even.

However I am still a thinking, breathing, living FEELING person. I do my best to be kind to everyone, in fact I go out of my way to be kind to people even when they have not treated me all that well, in some cases.

my only request is that you don't expect me to make sense- ok that, and to be able to remember things.
I can't remember things that are important for me to remember in my own life, so please please please! do not be offended if i don't remember the name of your rat(s) or if you have other pets, or things of that sort. It's got nothing to do with me not caring, I do care, and very much so.
I just have swiss cheese for a brain, and can not even hold onto the things I need to remember to get thru my own life without some serious difficulties.

I hope that this helps some people to understand what may have been confusing in the past.

I don't need sympathy or pity or anything else. I just need people to understand that I have an illness that affects my brain and I can't do anything about it.

I"m sorry. Believe me I"m sorry that I've got it, my life would be so much easier and I'd wouldn't be so damn poor if I were well and able to work and function normally.

ok end of note, carry on .............
:giggle:
I've never felt you don't make sense :hugs: but many consider me a crazy person too, so..

Petunia said:
eagle said:

awww! I'm gonna assume Scout is a dog, and if so, I gotta say, GOOD GIRL!

I had a dog visit here and she was a hunting dog and boy did she want to eat my ratties! I know someone who has poodles, though and they leave the rats alone for the most part, I mean they have no interest in eating them

what kind of dog is Scout?

She is a 14 year old husky

Back