Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at a lot of apts and oh boy, there are some real dumps out there, with higher rents than what I am paying here!
there was one really good deal but someone else got it first, which is what will happen with the really good places, they'll go fast.

so I let my landlord know that I was looking and then, on Friday, I came home after seeing another depressingly dirty small and smelly apt, and asked my landlord AGAIN if I could move to the apt here on the first floor, which has been vacant since last October.

he finally said yes. so, I am moving............downstairs in the same building :lol:

it's gonna cost more to live on the first floor, esp for heat since it's Oil and I have gas now
but I'll be off the damn 3rd floor!!

so, yep I'm moving
I really gotta go and pack!

crumbilina said:
Petunia said:
I am moving in just 20 days and I don't even know where to start
paralyzed with indecision

what have I gotten myself into?

You found a place? Woohoo!!!
I hope its great!

Good luck with moving. *shudders* I hate moving!

KMG365 said:
Petunia, I hope your new apartment is everything you dreamed it would be (only the good dreams of course)! :D

well the funny thing is, it's NOT everything that I dreamed it would be, it just happens to be on the first floor and I need to get off the 3rd floor, is all.

however in a very strange twist of fate, the apt that I really really really wanted, has become available again- and I got an email from the landlord asking if I was still interested

HELL YES!! it's a first floor apt as well but it's in a FANTASTIC neighborhood and it's beautiful and I nearly cried when I saw it, it's just so awesome!

and now it may be mine! I just have to get thru the paperwork and all that, but........

OMG I am in shock and just totally blown away by this unexpected turn of events!

:)

YAY!!!!

Best of luck!!!

Hopefully you'll be able to get out to moving the first floor when you get this other fantastic apartment! you haven't signed anything yet right?
(lol once a property manager always a property manager :emb: )

Petunia said:
KMG365 said:
Petunia, I hope your new apartment is everything you dreamed it would be (only the good dreams of course)! :D

well the funny thing is, it's NOT everything that I dreamed it would be, it just happens to be on the first floor and I need to get off the 3rd floor, is all.

however in a very strange twist of fate, the apt that I really really really wanted, has become available again- and I got an email from the landlord asking if I was still interested

HELL YES!! it's a first floor apt as well but it's in a FANTASTIC neighborhood and it's beautiful and I nearly cried when I saw it, it's just so awesome!

and now it may be mine! I just have to get thru the paperwork and all that, but........

OMG I am in shock and just totally blown away by this unexpected turn of events!

:)

crumbilina said:
YAY!!!!

Best of luck!!!

Hopefully you'll be able to get out to moving the first floor when you get this other fantastic apartment! you haven't signed anything yet right?

I didn't sign anything but I did shake his hand...........but there's nothing in writing.

YAY!!!

good luck for the good apt! Either way it sounds like you have a first floor to go to :)

Petunia said:
crumbilina said:
YAY!!!!

Best of luck!!!

I didn't sign anything but I did shake his hand...........but there's nothing in writing.

I am completely overwhelmed by my new job. I'm super grateful for it...just, wow. You do the same thing for 3 and a half years and suddenly jump into something completely new and above your skill level...whew. Add to that a boss who likes to bust out a ruler to measure the margins on every document you hand him....jeez. Get a life dude.

Finally can stop stressing out about the house. Our loan officer FINALLy processed our loan for our house which closes in 16 days. We haven't got the "official" yes for the loan yet but we both have good clean credit histories and the house has already passed an inspection it just has to be redone.

Oh PLUS i found out my identity is NOt being stolen and someone used my social security # as an accident and mistyped one number.

Talk about a load off my chest!

For all the astronomy buffs out there, it was one year ago today that German astronomer, Johann Galle, discovered the planet Neptune (in Neptunian years, anyway)! :D

"Galle identified the planet in September 1846. Only now has Neptune returned to the same spot in its wide orbit, taking 164.8 Earth years to complete a single circuit around the sun." (CNN.com)

I was so prepared to feel overwhelmed and frustrated with this class, with how much homework she gives. But I was wrong! I'm handling this SO much better than what I thought. Routine is the key! Wednesday and Friday mornings/afternoons are homework dedicated. That way, I have the rest of the afternoon to myself! SO much easier! And now, I can go to a gathering with friends!

Back