Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sick all week but had to go to work anyway as this is the last week. I didn't sleep well at night waking up all the time choquing and coughing. We had our end of year party yesterday until 1:15 am and was not in bed until 2:30 am. I woke up this morning at 12:15 pm, cool!

I feel like I'm constantly in conflict with everything anymore....

Went to a really fun wedding yesterday. Extremely happy for the people.

Iris

Will be celebrating 100 adoptions soon. By the end of the week I'll already be at 79!

Seems like just yesterday I was celebrating 50!

xxchelle said:
Will be celebrating 100 adoptions soon. By the end of the week I'll already be at 79!

Seems like just yesterday I was celebrating 50!

That's awesome! I think we'll be at 50 soon already lol so nuts

my lovely new boyfriend downloaded the episodes of Greys Anatomy i've missed the past few weeks and also the last two final episodes (he is SO definately a keeper). Ive just watched them and by god, there are tissues everywhere. Greys Anatomy is the only tv series that makes me cry like a baby

ryelle said:
my lovely new boyfriend downloaded the episodes of Greys Anatomy i've missed the past few weeks and also the last two final episodes (he is SO definately a keeper). Ive just watched them and by god, there are tissues everywhere. Greys Anatomy is the only tv series that makes me cry like a baby

I was going to ask you why you were "all loved up".
000204EC.gif
I'm so glad you're happy!

I have an interview for a new position at my company! Maybe no more reception, more of what I actually want to do!

I love how some companies will try to make a cost increase sound like they're really doing me a favour. I got a letter from the cable company yesterday telling me that, as part of their commitment to me, they recently determined that I was saving too much money. :wink:

The company offers a "Better Choice Bundles" discount program where customers can save up to 15% each month depending on how many services they purchase from the company. It appears they suddenly decided that I wasn't purchasing enough services to qualify for the discount I was getting.

After two phone calls and about half an hour, they realized that I had been receiving the right discount all along.

Seriously, I wish they'd go back to not caring about me at all. This "commitment to me" is proving to be too stressful and time-consuming!! :nod:

That reminds me of another stupid thing. I got a phone call 2 days ago saying that I have won a trip to Walt Disney World,, Daytona Beach and a cruise in the Bahamas (4 days) for 4 people at the cost of US$398. That is fantastic I said. But there was a but. We had to go through a 90 minutes presentation about God knows what during that trip and I had to pay the $398 immediately. Yes I have 3 years to do that trip. I have won something similar in the past except it was for 2 people and Universal Studios, not Disney.

The 90 minutes presentation lasted 4 hours and was schedule on our second day wich means they were not planning in giving us the universal studios passes until the end of the second day. I managed to buy the passes when we arrived explaining them that if we wait the next day, we would only have one day left to use the seven day passess.... They assured me I would get a refund at the end of the presentation.

The next day, it took everything to be reiumbursed. Fortunately for us, there was a couple who was there when we were told that we could buy the passes and get a refund.

I would have accepted that new trip for 4 if I had the opportunity to talk to some friends about it. But they would not let me do that. I had to accept on the spot. $398 is not that much for 4 people but that doesn't include the flight, transport once there, meals etc and this is why I wanted to discuss before accepting. The guy on the phone kept telling me that no one would refuse a trip at such a cheap cost. I ended up telling him that I want to do the trip but don't have the money now and will have it only in September as I don't have any pay days during the summer. He concluded I was too poor, apologized and just hanged up on me. WTF????

Jack Sparrow said:
That reminds me of another stupid thing. I got a phone call 2 days ago saying that I have won a trip to Walt Disney World,, Daytona Beach and a cruise in the Bahamas (4 days) for 4 people at the cost of US$398. That is fantastic I said. But there was a but. We had to go through a 90 minutes presentation about God knows what during that trip and I had to pay the $398 immediately. Yes I have 3 years to do that trip. I have won something similar in the past except it was for 2 people and Universal Studios, not Disney.

The 90 minutes presentation lasted 4 hours and was schedule on our second day wich means they were not planning in giving us the universal studios passes until the end of the second day. I managed to buy the passes when we arrived explaining them that if we wait the next day, we would only have one day left to use the seven day passess.... They assured me I would get a refund at the end of the presentation.

The next day, it took everything to be reiumbursed. Fortunately for us, there was a couple who was there when we were told that we could buy the passes and get a refund.

I would have accepted that new trip for 4 if I had the opportunity to talk to some friends about it. But they would not let me do that. I had to accept on the spot. $398 is not that much for 4 people but that doesn't include the flight, transport once there, meals etc and this is why I wanted to discuss before accepting. The guy on the phone kept telling me that no one would refuse a trip at such a cheap cost. I ended up telling him that I want to do the trip but don't have the money now and will have it only in September as I don't have any pay days during the summer. He concluded I was too poor, apologized and just hanged up on me. WTF????

most of those are scams to get credit car d numbers

I just love when my mother in law calls and says she'll be here in 2 hours... a day earlier than she was expected!
Yay to running home during work to mop the floors!

I left my keys in my mother in laws car. Tried calling and calling her cell phone, she didn't hear it. She got to Thornbury and finally checked her voicemail.

I have to drive to Thornbury tomorrow to get my keys...
and I used my last CAA call so I could get my wallet from my car!

Back