Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All it says is that she killed the first person she met - not that she intended to kill that person. However, that first person's death was suspiciously beneficial to Dorothy and she did steal those ruby slippers, which legally probably should've gone to the deceased's next of kin, the Wicked Witch of the West. Do we even know how Dorothy and Toto rode that tornado to Oz in the first place - arriving completely unscathed - with all furniture in the house still in place if memory serves? I don't know, there's something fishy going on here...
:eek:k::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I had a feeling there was more to that story than what I remembered (I've seen it so many times, you'd think I'd know it by heart)
pffft.gif

yep, fishy........
:fishy:

I recently clicked on a web advertisement for Canada Goose parkas. These are incredibly expensive coats with some selling for well over $1100.

The advertisement I clicked on opened a web page that showed Canada Goose parkas, that regularly sell for $600, on sale for half price. The web page looked professional and appeared to be a legitimate Canada Goose site. However, I started to become a little suspicious that something was up when I saw how slowly the page was loading and even more suspicious when I got an error message when I tried to load the second page of the product listing.

I then went to Google and searched myself for the Canada Goose website. Once I found the link, I clicked on it and the page loaded very quickly. Unfortunately, it did not show any current sales on jackets. :(

My next step was to try to discover who registered the suspicious web site. I soon got confirmation that my misgivings about the advertised site were justified as the domain was registered in China on October 15th with a contact phone number for some place in India - despite having an American mailing address.

Incidentally, the real Canada Goose website has a URL checker that can be used to verify legitimate Canada Goose online retailers. The site I went to originally was confirmed counterfeit.

The lesson to be learned from this story is if you're tempted to purchase something from a web advertisement, even one purporting to be from a major retailer, use Google to find the link to the store yourself. Don't trust the link offered in the web advertisement unless you're absolutely certain it's legitimate! :)

For the price, I HOPE they make great coats ;) ! In all seriousness, their coats appear to be very high quality.

There appear to be many counterfeit websites for Canada Goose. I saw an advertisement for another one on Facebook yesterday.

I worry about sources of the feathers. I am always paranoid because I know a lot of geese have suffered for this. Anyone know any details on their husbandry practices?

I wonder if they are aware of them. Do you report them to the company?

The official company website has a page for checking URL's to see if the links are legitimate or not. I'm not sure if there's a way to notify them of a fake site, other than e-mailing them directly, but I imagine it would be rather pointless because as soon as one is shut down, another would surely spring up. :(

Interestingly, since I've checked out a few Canada Goose websites over the past few days, Facebook has even started directing me to fake pages on FB for Canada Goose.

I worry about sources of the feathers. I am always paranoid because I know a lot of geese have suffered for this. Anyone know any details on their husbandry practices?

I don't know anything about their husbandry practices, but there may be information available on the Internet. I believe they also use coyote hair, if I remember correctly, for the fur trim on the hoods.

Today is a big day for me and the rats. We are switching rooms. I need to move all my stuff out of my room, move all the rat room stuff into the far bedroom and then after a huge clean up, put my room where the rat room used to be. The rats are going into a smaller room but we will make it work. Rats like it cozy anyway.

Today is a big day for me and the rats. We are switching rooms. I need to move all my stuff out of my room, move all the rat room stuff into the far bedroom and then after a huge clean up, put my room where the rat room used to be. The rats are going into a smaller room but we will make it work. Rats like it cozy anyway.
That sounds like a lot of lifting and cleaning. Make sure you bend at the knees!

Did the big move in. Only took 5 hours. lol
I fully expected the rats to be too scared to come out for play time today in the new room but nope, they were all eager and happy to come out. Almost all of them came out, they were running and climbing all over the room. That was really fun!

Did the big move in. Only took 5 hours. lol
I fully expected the rats to be too scared to come out for play time today in the new room but nope, they were all eager and happy to come out. Almost all of them came out, they were running and climbing all over the room. That was really fun!
I would have thought they would be scared too. They must be very well adjusted little children. :D

There are like 2 or 3 foxes that have been living in our backyard lately. Which just totally intrigues me because foxes and super cute and it's also strange because we are in the suburbs and you don't expect foxes here.
Anyways, I recorded one of them, not the best but cute to watch ^_^
http://youtu.be/La9ThhKSLYA
And a picture of the little one in the distance haha
2psq6wz.png

Back