Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the underhanded way of saying I shouldn't be able to adopt or I am not good enough to adopt because I am a feeder breeder/evil person for being a feeder breeder. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of it and some really don't like it.

I am a rescue, one that is totally against breeders. Here are 34 faces as to why rescues do not care for breeders of any sort.

https://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=IN625

To think that a breeder is special and should be adopted to is rather ridiculous on your part. Here is why. We spend our days and nights taking in rats that people have given up on. Failed meals for those snakes or failed births so they could feed their own. How many spays do we do to prevent litters, and how many litters do you create. Do you see how it makes our job harder? It kinda contradicts everything we stand for. So while we spend our time trying to be responsible and reduce the number of rats needing homes there are millions of others who are just handing babies out like tic-tacs. We fight daily to stop people from seeing these guys as a dinner I check on every single rat that leaves my house often. I keep in touch, I follow through and I take them back in a heart beat. Regardless of how far I have to drive or who I have to beg to hold them for me. I would not want any of my rescues turning into baby making machines and that would be why I would refuse to adopt to any breeder and other rescues half the time. If you have a rescue, you have plenty coming in you do not need to seek out other rats. Those rescues will usually get over-ran and be the first one who needs rescuing themselves.

Feeder breeders are the worst kind. I dont know how you can live with yourself.

10329309_4169191844141_3945709267350147205_n.jpg

10532760_4453166663334_7291081644774042795_n.jpg

Snake expos are even worse, some pull their teeth out. And we know how dangerous that is for our vets to do let alone someone who wants to protect a snake. It is ok to hurt them, but not ok to let the snake get hurt.
1395226_4527911011896_2674797872564648003_n.jpg

I can give you a dozen stories about how some are treated. Frozen alive, slammed on the ground to kill them, put to sleep in a bin full of babies. BABIES! It is utter bull to treat them like this. I am glad you love them like your own kids, so do you feed your kids off to alligators?

Last edited:
It may be true for those in New England, but it's also true for those of us in Ontario and probably most of the rest of Canada too. So yeah, I feel your pain! :confused2:
OH I am sure there are places with much worse and much earlier winters than ours!!
but is it true that people in those areas think it's a badge of honor to brag about how long you go before you give in and turn the heat on? this is something I wonder. Would love to hear if it's something else we have in common, or do ppl with longer or worse winters just suck it up and never really turn the thermostat off? LOL

I have to light a gas pilot to turn my heat on, and I resist lighting that pilot as long as possible. Then, I only turn the heat on for a short period - worried about what it's gonna cost. It's silly really, but it IS a subject that comes up when you're out and about, people will remark on the cold and volunteer that they have not used any heat yet, and any one who has, just kinda looks away in shame :rofl2:
I do NOT want to be that person LOL

it's not enough for us to be frugal. we're insanely proud of it
hahaha

It is brutal here. So cold, windy and snowy. ACK!!!!!

I'd say it's too early for snow but alas we are getting a tiny bit of that tomorrow, more up north than where I am

we usually don't get much snow til late Dec, and can often not even have snow on Christmas, so I'm not complaining mind you

but climate change has sure changed when we get snow. Wild weather all over the place.
it totally astounds me to hear ppl say they don't "believe" in climate change. Do they live under a rock?!?!

It is brutal here. So cold, windy and snowy. ACK!!!!!
I'm hoping I'm far enough East to get rain instead of snow this weekend. I'm not mentally prepared for snow yet, although I did bring my snow tires down from upstairs in the garage today...
Raked leaves this afternoon in the lovely sunshine. :)

Right now, I still have my window air conditioner running. ;) Granted, it's not doing much more than just circulating the air at the moment and making noise, but I've never had an air conditioner running, in this areas, on the first of November before.

Ever since the landlord changed all the windows in my building at the end of March of this year, I find my place retains heat like crazy. Of course, we'll see how true that is a little later on during those -40 degree Celsius winter nights.

I picked up a new type of chip tonight - Quinoa chips made by Simply7. The flavour? Cheddar. The verdict? A bit pricy but really tasty!!! I will definitely be getting them again. No trans fat, no preservatives, no artificial colours or flavours, gluten-free and non-GMO. :)

spin, lol
get it? tornado, spin?

:/

and now, just because we call it Mother Nature, that does not mean women are responsible for acts of nature. Where the house landed was not Dorothy's fault

tsk tsk tsk

spin, lol
get it? tornado, spin?

:/

and now, just because we call it Mother Nature, that does not mean women are responsible for acts of nature. Where the house landed was not Dorothy's fault

tsk tsk tsk

All it says is that she killed the first person she met - not that she intended to kill that person. However, that first person's death was suspiciously beneficial to Dorothy and she did steal those ruby slippers, which legally probably should've gone to the deceased's next of kin, the Wicked Witch of the West. Do we even know how Dorothy and Toto rode that tornado to Oz in the first place - arriving completely unscathed - with all furniture in the house still in place if memory serves? I don't know, there's something fishy going on here...

Back