Pyometra?-Owl is home and healing well.-Doing great!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I'm new here and actually a squirrel owner, but find your rat forum very informative. I wanted to comment that I'm glad Owl is doing so well. That must be so scarey. We've heard about Pyrometra in the squirrel world as well. Hugs to you and sweet Owl! I hope she makes a complete recovery.

Thank you everyone. I will kindly ask my vet why they used staples.

Owl is doing absolutely wonderful. Her pain meds are in an hour, and she is doing owie stretches but is really happy. She is on my lap trying to climb on my desk, popcorning, being Owl. :) She got to say hello to her buddies too.

Welcome to the Rat Shack Squirrel! :)

If you see Owwies its time for pain meds now whether its early or not. She't going to feel so much better without that nasty uterus inside of her. How old is Owl again?

I wonder if I could add this to the Rat Guide with your help Shelagh? I feel as though it would be helpful because the two cases they have on there led me to think Owl did not have Pyometra. More cases the more helpful and I'd love to be able to contribute to such a wonderful site.

You can contact them off their website and tell them the case history of Owl and see if they will add her...it can take awhile before a submission actually goes up though, they are very busy.

I can't imagine why she would be bleeding if her girl parts are removed. Can you see it coming from her opening? I can itself? I can't see the pic for some reason.

Yes.

The picture needs to be opened with something like photo gallery. I could post if you'd like, I just didn't feel like uploading and pasting the IMG.

The soonest I could get her in would be Tuesday, possibly Monday. I'll call Monday morning right when they open. But what really could I do? I can't afford another surgery. Is it possible that the stump was already infected and the infection is still there? I am so, so disappointed. I love my rats more than anything. :sad3:

Back