Pregnancy Watch at Lilspaz's :/..Luna's great! :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally home...

Incision looks good
Scoosheesincisionnov19.jpg

I will be dropping off her mom Molly tomorrow morning...
Mollyonmyfootnov15.jpg

I will weigh the rats all weekend and figure out whom if any I should take for the Monday appointment. :)

Sadly I was supposed to get dexamethasone tonight as well, I literally ran out this morning for Hoochy, and they forgot to put it through and my vet was gone out, so poor Hoochy is going a day without her dexamethasone...now that is seriously worrying :undecided:

Hopefully Hoochy will be ok. Do you have any pred you could give her instead?

I would go ahead and do the spays if you've got the funds. You just never know.

jorats said:
Hopefully Hoochy will be ok. Do you have any pred you could give her instead?

I would go ahead and do the spays if you've got the funds. You just never know.

No pred, but I'll see if I can eke ANY out of the bottle tomorrow...I don't think there's much if any in there. I normally med about 7-7:30 am so I would technically be 12 hours late...better than 24 hours I guess.

Kayla said:
StaceyM said:
Glad she's home safe:)

Silly question, does she have another shaved patch on her face? Why?

I'm assuming that's from an over eager cage mate groomer? :giggle:

Lol from what i've heard, thats from Wolf - Shelagh's half-wild boy. he has started barbering everyone all of a sudden - mostly around the face

Scoosh looks good. I hope Mollys surgery goes fine today. Will Dr.Munn tell you if she was pregnant?

If she's not pregnant than I would think the other ones probably aren't either. Can't the vet do some sort of test to see if they are pregnant first?

By the time the rats reach the point where the vet could tell for sure that they were pregnant would then be too late to spay them.

pscychopomp said:
If she's not pregnant than I would think the other ones probably aren't either. Can't the vet do some sort of test to see if they are pregnant first?

Actually all it means is it was either too early in the pregnancy for the uterus to have changed a lot noticeably OR that they weren't in heat at the time they met up with my wild friend, which is why I am weighing everyone for the next 13 days.

Luna did well for her e-spay and we dodged a bullet! 13 fetuses at a week old :shock:

Silly girl loves metacam!! :D

But Inky is suddenly gaining weight...sigh. We only had 8 more days 'til we were in the clear.

379 / 370 / 377 / 379 / 387 / 379 / 387 / 412

Yay Luna! That was worth the $$! Ah well, spays are good for them anyway.......
And you didn't need to buy prezzies this year anyway, right? :wink:

Back