Older black Lab mix/ turtle -FREE to good home-pics up

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the same reason black and white cats are harder to rehome? I don't know. People want more colors. *sigh*

Three of my cats are black and white kitties. They're the cutest :D

You're doing a good deed for the dog Lynds. You are an angel.
angel-smile.gif

Her owner is a :censored:

Can he surrender Rain to the Labrador Retriever Rescue or maybe Mature Dog Rescue? At least that way she's safe while they search for a home.
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/maturedogs.html
http://www.lrro.on.ca/index.htm

Since she's been living with a male and didn't get pregnant I suspect she is no longer fertile (doggie menopause happens too!) and probably doesn't need a spay. Maybe money raised could go towards her other medical costs instead and/or the rescue that takes her.

I could foster her but only for a very short time, and it would also have to be after November 15th since I am currently commited to babysitting a doberman next week. I find that 2 big dogs is very exhausting and really more than I can handle for any length of time.

Actually Mumsy there is no such thing as canine menopause, that's why I asked.

Female dogs do not experience menopause, although their cycles will become irregular and fertility becomes unpredictable as they become older. Dogs over around 7 or 8 years are usually considered no longer appropriate for breeding, but can still remain fertile.

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canine_rep ... male_cycle

The older unspayed female dog has an irregular heat cycle. There is no end of cycling comparable to human menopause. If you still decide against spaying, be very familiar with the signs of pyometra. (These include loss of appetite, lethargy, vomiting, excessive thirst, marked vaginal discharge).
Source - http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_th ... _spay.html

This girl STILL needs a home guys, anyone???
i'm sure we could scrounge up money for shots if that's the issue for some???

:bow: :bow: :bow:
This man is moving things out as we speak with my hubby....
HELP?~?~?~?

Well it looks like all my stress, worry and agonizing could have been for nothing...

The witch of a wife has called to say she's comming to take anything of value to him out of the home...
He's leaving tonight, she's threatened him to about involving the cops...
I just hope she doesn't cause too many issues in our quiet neighbourhood... the owman is truely unstable.
He can't take Rain or the turtle with him, the place he's staying said they won't allow them to come. So he's left me a key to go and get Rain, and the turtle, I guess tomorrow when the people come for him, i'm to go over and make sure they can get him?

:tearful:

Make sure he's aware that he DOES NOT have to let her in, even with the cops there unless they have papers saying he has to. I made that mistake recently - The cops are only there to ensure nothing 'bad' happens. But just because they are there does not mean he HAS to let them in without proper paperwork.

:sad3: What?!?! omg poor Rain and I cant believe the position he's put you in Lynds :hugs:

Do you have any idea as to what to do for Rain? Any idea what the wife will do if she turns up and Rain is there alone?

i'm not sure if they'll take Rain or not...
if I can't get her a home REAL fast, it's the shelter...
NO rescues have got back to me regarding Rain.
I had Adri's freind, but she hasn't returned any of my calls or emails, and I had a home on a houseboat lined up, but the woman isn't gettiong back to me either...

Feck, if I'd gotten the kennels I'd take her in a heartbeat so we could keep trying to rehome her. This really sucks.

As you know Lynds I don't think shelters are so bad. Guelph HS constantly has BBDs over the age of ten fpr adoption and guess what they get adopted in under a month!! It may not be ideal but I feel it's better than dead.

Edit: BBD stands for Big Black Dog

Back