Older black Lab mix/ turtle -FREE to good home-pics up

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry's_mum

My neighbour just left and i'm in tears.
His wife took off with their son, and left him with all her pets, home, and bills.
He was paying their mortgage barely with both his jobs he was working, or so he thought.
He was let go from his job when it was time he could join the union, he tells me, and the bank called him on Monday to ask why he hasn't paid his mortgage in 4 months.

It turns out, she was using the money to pay rent at her new LOFT in Toronto for the past few months, NOT the mortgage on the house, with the money he was making.

The bank has given him 30 days to either sell the house, or they'll foreclose it.

He has 2 dogs, the one he's keeping has HUGE issues, behavioural, he's affraid that if he takes him anywhere, the turn out won;t be favourable for him.
The other is the males mother. She's an older girl, that they rescued years ago. She was pregnant when they brought her home, and she had a litter of pups.
She's older like I said, and is behaved for the most part. She LOVES to swim, I see her out in the lake every summer fetching rocks from the bottom of the lake! A great diver!!!
I will get pics of her this week, and I can certainly help in transporting this sweet girl.
A home is DESPERATE for her, as she will go to a shelter before December. We cannot take her, we have 2 small dogs, one of which is less than 4 lbs, and is terrified of big dogs, or we would in a second.

The turtle, i've NO clue about, all I know is that it comes with it's set up which cost a small fortune apparently.

PLEASE if ANYONE can help him out, he's a GREAT man who has been let down by the last people you think would let you down....
:sad3:

What a freaking witch. (That came out a lot differently in my head, but I censored myself...)

Your poor neighbor. I'll talk to hubby, we might be able to take the turtle. Hubby LOVES turtles, we have a map turtle right now. Can you get me some more info on him?

her name is Rain, she's a black lab mix, 10-12 years old, she came from the pound about 4 yrs ago. Her shots are not up to date. She doesn't get along with small unfamilliar dogs.
Her intrests include Diving in the lake, fetching sticks and rocks, and going for long walks. She's well mannered, and has not a mean bone in her body.

smilez_n_hugs said:
How is Rain with cats and other dogs around her size? And just wanted to double check that she is spayed?

no she's not spayed, lives with other cats right now, a lady from a local private cat rescue is comming in to get them tonight. She has lived with her son, same if not bigger than her, no problems.

That lady seems like such a special girl. Hope someone can give her a great home.

My aunt said no to the turtle, but she said no because she figured her hubby would say no, so I'm still sort of poking at her to actually ASK him in case he says yes!

Also, I've emailed a very sweet woman I know about the dog... we'll see what she says.

Back