Ohh Poor Morry ..Sigh

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's doing much better today. I am putting him and Nala on every 2 days of dex and he's really good about it. I tried for 3 days with Nala but its too long, she's pretty limp today :(

He looks like he's gained weight, but he's still only 360 grams. :/ BUT he feels heavier, more substance and not as limp and bony feeling.

Poor boy. You can tell he's fighting his way thru it. Still looks ill, but oh so much better today. He seems quite a lovely fellow, and I'm glad he can cuddle with Nala. I think between the human companionship and his rattie friend, he must be oh so much happier now than ever... even while fighting for his health.

I'm watching and sending healing thoughts! :hugs:

I hope he gets past this hump and on to roaming around the bed. Does he seem like a curious fellow? or more of a "ahh, cozy spot......must...check....around....later.....zzzzzzz......"

Joanne said:
I hope he gets past this hump and on to roaming around the bed. Does he seem like a curious fellow? or more of a "ahh, cozy spot......must...check....around....later.....zzzzzzz......"

he was mostly immobile before but now wanders around for the heck of it...came to visit me tonight, climbed up on me, I patted him, he toddled off :D

He can move VERY fast though, when a rat he has decided he does't like is there. He will wake up and rush Melvin...rat ball if I am not fast enough :p

lilspaz68 said:
He can move VERY fast though, when a rat he has decided he does't like is there. He will wake up and rush Melvin...rat ball if I am not fast enough :p
It's always good when they have enough energy to chase another rat! LOL

Today he started regressing...so he had to have another injection of dex...its not even holding him for full day. :sad3:

I am going to switch him to the same combo as Melvin and Yara are on, and if that doesn't work I will try rescue shots in a week or so. If that doesn't help then I will have to let him go. My poor poor beautiful scruffy boy. :heart:

Crossing my fingers for you and sending healing vibes :heart: he is such a fighter! I so hope he pulls through this

He hasn't eaten tonight...which is worriesome, even turned his nose up at food on my fingers. He just wants to be off by himself and rest.

On his way to his new spot

Where he wanted to be

he was fine until I noticed his breathing was a bit laboured and clunking. he got fluids and dex again. He's lost weight which is SCARy...345 grams now. When he's not feeling well he crawls around on his belly and almost falls over. Such a sweet sweet fellow...its breaking my heart. :sad3:

Sleeping with Perses in the Pillow Cave

Video of his breathing

Back