Ohh Poor Morry ..Sigh

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:heart: :cuddle: :heart: :hugs: Come on Morry hang in there - you have a lot to experience as a happy rattie in a great home :hugs: :heart: :cuddle: :heart: extra healing vibes from all of us :heart: :cuddle: :heart: :hugs:

I had hoped for a better update, but it is what it is. I hope he is getting some pleasure from being in a nice clean home with company and no itchy buggies sucking the life out of him, even if he's not feeling the best. :hugs:

RattusNorvegicus said:
Is his chest firm, do you think it could be PA's?

If not maybe you should try an ace inhibitor?

His chest is not firm. His colour is good between resp attacks, he's not cool or anything like that, I just think his lungs are scarred from being so ill for so long, and then the little blood suckers literally sucking the life out of him.

Last night Morry was still breathing heavily...and I realized what the heck, lets try lasix...and it seems he's stablized a little...not sure if it was the lasix but we'll wait and see, with a teeeny weeny bit more hope than before.

Just seeing him go from hauling himself around on his belly and toppling over at times to sitting upright, grooming, eating with everyone at breakfast and his breathing less laboured is a blessing. :joy:

Last night's antics...

Nell is joining this group on the bed, she's one very very happy old halfie girl...head up in the air, letting me pat her, while squeaking a slight protest. LOL She's completely parlyzed, has a huge tumour but her will is amaazing! Me? Disabled? I think not *nip*

Beaners doing well, he's chubby again :giggle:

He loves to jump from the bed to the desk, then dive into my lap, shove his head in the crook of my arm and wait for me to pat him, totally still...he will stay like that for AGES.

He's just so malleable...he's a gumby rat LOL

Until Nell comes over and then he's got to get away from her (they have a love/hate thing going on...I think she likes to snark at him and he likes to push her)

Morry this morning :heart: His expression always tells you how he's feeling :)

Your Bean seems too good to be true... although on second thought I can almost see my Jay. :heart:

Get better Morry! If the lasix is indeed working, that would mean he's got fluid in his lungs? I only used it for CHF, not sure what else it can help for...?

What a super love... if he were a dumbo I would say he almost looks like a worn down version of Mr. Honeycomb - at least, that's who I see in his eyes. Just a big loveable squish in a much smaller, emaciated, half-hairless body - those naked legs just kill me every time, I want to knit you tiny legwarmers to put on him!

Do his feet look a little blueish in those last photos, or was that just the lighting? It might be that the enalapril really will do the trick - at least, I hope so. Any rat who has Mr. Honeycomb's eyes should, to my mind, live forever...

M0onkist said:
What a super love... if he were a dumbo I would say he almost looks like a worn down version of Mr. Honeycomb - at least, that's who I see in his eyes. Just a big loveable squish in a much smaller, emaciated, half-hairless body - those naked legs just kill me every time, I want to knit you tiny legwarmers to put on him!

Do his feet look a little blueish in those last photos, or was that just the lighting? It might be that the enalapril really will do the trick - at least, I hope so. Any rat who has Mr. Honeycomb's eyes should, to my mind, live forever...

His nailbeds are what really tells the tale, they get very dark when he's having trouble and they aren't right there. :)

Last night he was doing quite a bit of the head hanging, laboured breathing, dragging himself around, but I gave him his lasix and left him be.

This morning I took a quick video so you could see his breathing.

Back