Ohh Poor Morry ..Sigh

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unepuce said:
Argh! Morry!! You just got there are you already are keeping us on our toes!!!

Poor poor boy... I'm so happy the sub-Q helped him so much! Have you been able to get him to eat something other than a puff?

yes I offered him some of the Emeraid Diet on my finger and he licked it off so I put him in front of the bowl and he ate a bite...I won't say a lot but enough to make me happy. :)

He's cuddled up with Perses (Perses butt in the pic below) and seems content. I wonder if Perses reminds me him of his dad? I saw him gently licking Perses' neck earlier. Waldo is having a bad night and needed a dex shot (his 2nd ever) and Perses is tucked up against him...a whole lot of comfortting going on in the Pillow Cave tonight. :heart:

apr7MorrywithPerses.jpg

Maggie was infested like that when she was found, emaciated but not sick at least. Getting rid of the lice will give him the energy to fight off the infection. I'm glad that woman sought help but at the same time... she should have done so a long time ago.

Aw, I wish I could fit in the Pillow Cave! At the same time I have my hand stuck under a sweater on my bed, under Ducky's head, so I can't really complain!

I'm soooo glad the sub-Q helped - poor boy deserves more than a few scant hours with you!

It's shocking to me how old he looks and how weak...i got a pic of his hind foot this morning, to show he has young feet. BUT he took all his antibiotics from the syringe happily so he's doing okay. :thumbup:

apr8Morrysfeet.jpg

Poor sweet boy, so glad he's got you lilspaz68 to take care of him now. No creature deserves to be miss treated & neglected like this little guy.

Yay Morry! It's wonderful to hear he is eating now and taking his medication. I hope he can regain his strength so he can live the rest of his life in the best retirement home ever!

Oh, sweet Morry! I'm so so glad you have him now and that he seems to be improving! RKBusy and I took in several brothers from a girl who let some of their siblings die from URIs and a major lice infection. We couldn't save one, he didn't live too long and we were sooooo sad. It's heartbreaking that they could've had some simple vet care and been fine. Love and pats to Morry, he's in the best place with you!! :heart:

How is Morry doing tonight?
That poor boy must have found great comfort with you and I'm sure it has lifted his spirits to be able to interact with other rats again! I'm cheering for him :)

Morry was much more alert last night but seemed spooky and jumpy, so I just spent some time being around him. He took his meds well, and ate small items from my fingers, later on he finally crept up to the dish and ate on his own :joy:

I weighed him last night, he's a tiny 362 grams...as he's a longer rat he should weigh a lot more.

I also noticed this...poor lad

Apr9Morrysneckandchest.jpg

Such a sweet boy...I am waiting for his personality to blossom once he feels better.

apr9Morry.jpg

:heart: Morry... Really hope he gets some strength back soon!

I can't help but be impressed at how well Revo works. No lice on all that bare skin compared to Friday night... it's already a small miracle to help boost his immune system!

Unepuce said:
:heart: Morry... Really hope he gets some strength back soon!

I can't help but be impressed at how well Revo works. No lice on all that bare skin compared to Friday night... it's already a small miracle to help boost his immune system!

The majority of lice are dead in an hour or so...all dead in a few hours, then the rat has to groom them out :D Revo rocks!

His skin really does look so much better! He still looks so tired though. Is he getting a 'recovery' diet? Is he a temporary bed rat? Or does he have his own cage?

Joanne said:
His skin really does look so much better! He still looks so tired though. Is he getting a 'recovery' diet? Is he a temporary bed rat? Or does he have his own cage?

so far he's a temp bedrat but that might change, I had him in Norby's old cage but he doesn't move around much and Perses loves him too.

I am trying to get the recovery diet into him, but he doesn't eat much. I'll weigh him dailty to see if hes gaining at all and just eating during the day. He has NO interest in harlan lab blocks at all.

lilspaz68 said:
Such a sweet boy...I am waiting for his personality to blossom once he feels better.

I'm thinking the same... I can hardly wait to hear about who Morry really is.
So nice to see Revo doing it's thing. He must already be feeling somewhat better.

How is his breathing?

ChrisK said:
lilspaz68 said:

I'm thinking the same... I can hardly wait to hear about who Morry really is.
So nice to see Revo doing it's thing. He must already be feeling somewhat better.

How is his breathing?

Seems better, I'll get a good listen to his lungs tonight now that he's been on abs for a couple of days :)

Back