my rat is a hermaphrodite?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's a few more? haha, that makes 24! so many. not to mention, i've been guinea pig sitting and his owners left him with me.. they were supposed to pick him up last weekend. they wont return my emails, texts or calls...

Oh gosh! I truly hope they didn't ditch him! I did pet sitting all last summer and made everyone sign a contract (mostly about if your animal gets hurt etc tec) and pay at least 1/3 when they dropped them off just to be on the safer side. Ii really hope they come for him.

i make them pay me on the day they leave because i stock up on food/supplies sense i don't own a vehicle. and my dad gets right angry when he needs to take me out to get animal supplies, lol. they finally got a hold of me, and they told me they were staying away for another 6 weeks and will send me a money order for $150.. i don't know why so much, i only asked for $80. kind of weird.. i honestly think they just dumped him on me. but i've grown very attached to him! he loves to cuddle with me. his nails were never done, either!! they were starting to curl until i cut them.. so sad. he talks to me all the time, especially when i open his food or go into the fridge :p

It's nice that if you are baby sitting, you like the critter that's staying. And good for him too! Glad to hear they didn't fall off the face of the earth.

i bet they will be soon. i'm glad i got the chance to guinea pig sit him though. like his cage is a very nice, big cage. but he had nothing in there!!! only a house, and 2 dishes...

baby boys are moving in with their daddy today! can't believe they're already 5 weeks old. everyone ended up backing out about adopting them, except one couple. they will be coming in a few days to adopt 2 boys. but i keep getting emails from people, they just never reply after i do, witch sucks..... anyone want some babies? :stickpoke:

The stinks, so now you really have a full house... and a guinea pig that does sound abandoned! My 17 are a lot of work, especially since I have quite a few that are sick. Taking care of these boys is like having another full time job!! Good luck finding them homes - certainly hope some people come through for you......

finally! some people have come through! 4 boys go to their new homes this weekend.. kind of sad, but i can't keep 28 rats :sad3: the other 3 boys and 3 girls, will most likely be staying with me.. to top that of, the guinea pig is STILL here. so my apartment is defiantly full! 4 cats, 28 rats, guinea pig, hamster, and fish....... :panic: and tonight is cage cleaning night.

DeeDee is doing amazing. the vet did confirm that s/he was a intersexed rat. apparently it was the first one she ever seen, but said it is very possible. DeeDee got spayed/neutered(?), i guess you would say. so no more going in heat, and the balls are not really there anymore. we also noticed a tumor, kind of beside her nipple. they removed it, and s/he is doing very well with that, also. i am moving DeeDee and the 3 daughters into a double critter nation in a week, so hopefully it goes all good :) 2 of her son's have found homes, too!

Back