My Passel of Oldies...Ongoing Thread - Updated :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After my worries about timid, bitey Nell the remaining halfie dealing with the world without her supporting cast...I worry no more. She comes out on the bed and is very happy there..she is mostly paralyzed in the hind end with a tumour, she's 33 months old but she still thinks she's a tough old broad. But she makes all these territorial motions AT and around the carrier ignoring the actual rats inside or the ones she meets. :giggle:

Malcolm joined us a couple of weeks ago...he is a short stocky rat that is incredibly round and opinionated. He also is 30 months old (almost 31) with a PT that is managed beautifully with just bromocriptine. He is also the brother to feisty 3-legged Sparrow :D

He dislikes most rats, except Nell, who beat the crapola out of him...she's older, very disabled and tiny, and she had this big guy on his back and crying LOL. For some reason he hated sweet passive, also suffering from PT but not as well, Nala. He would rush her and scare her to death. So I put her and Nell happily into their own cage. Nala wasn't doing well one night, so I took her out, gave her the steroid (bromo wasn't doing much so we stopped that) and tried to keep fat boy away from her. He kept insisting he wanted to see her, so I kept my hand on him (he relaxes more), and finally he went in, sniffed and pushed her around roughly a little...then turned his back on her and smiled at me. He gives great Happy Face. :D So I let Nell and Nala stay out overnight. I woke up in the morning and found this...

Now he protects her LOL

I thought with the more restricted diet here he might lose weight...nope he gained :doh:

Loooves scratches and ear rubs...I get licks and squinchy faces LOL

He really is a funny little monkey-man :heart:

Oh... my... god!!!!!!!!
*flops onto the ground and rolls around*
This is one of the most precious, adorable, fat, squishy, man rats I have ever seen!!! And the other girls cuddling with him, and still all quirky and funny despite their issues!

lilspaz, you just made my heart explode- someone get me a replacement surgery.
<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

may10Malcolm2.jpg

:heart: :tongue: :inlove: :heart:

What a HAM! Give that tummy kisses for me!

I nominate for RPOM!

littlematchstick said:
may10Malcolm2.jpg

:heart: :tongue: :inlove: :heart:

What a HAM! Give that tummy kisses for me!

I nominate for RPOM!
Oh! This is a second then, I nominated a few posts ago. :thumbup:

How do you take these pictures?!
my ratties are cute too, but the second they hear me touch the cage door, they jump up and skitter around. :p

:thud: :thud: :thud:

I third that nomination for all pics! OMG... my poor little heart hardly survived that cuteness attack!!! Shelagh, next time, please post a warning!

Still dizzy... cuteness overload... how can I go back to work now????

Back