My Passel of Oldies...Ongoing Thread - Updated :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Malcolm at first really didn't like tilty Bree..."is it a rat going around like that"? and Clare, who when she's awake wildy waves her head around "very unnatural!"

But now he seems to really like them. Feisty halfie Nell passed quietly in her sleep yesterday, Nala's PT is catching up to her so Mal seemed lonely. The tilty girls are hell to medicate and have to come out every time which they LOVE. So they have become part-time Bed Rats...which they love even more. Bree is sooo tilted that she slinks around and isn't as stable and head-waving Clare. She's very sweet but would prefer to just observe the world on its side.
Clare is very curious about me, lvoes to climb on me, poke me in the face...she's such a sweetie is coming around to being patted...before you would touch her or Bree and they would scurry backwards.

A very content Bree who had happily disemboweled a pillow overnight...woke up to a ton of stuffing all around me LOL

Silly Clare

Happy Trio

Back to Malcolm since he is always there and a bit of a clown LOL :D

Grooming the blubber

Joining the umbrella fun :D

Time for a nap

For some reason he loves dominant little girls, like Nell, and now Yara, who does a mild beat down on him, as he rolls and submits and eeps at her LOL

He doesn't look worried about her here, just subjugated :laugh4:

Yep, time for another nap...zzzzzzzz

]

Yara looking fantastic and rather proud of herself LOL

Oh my I wish I could kiss that big ol tummy of his. I know he had to help Yara roll him there is no way that little girl could get him down with out his submission :wink2:

So it has been awhile since I have updated my Oldies thread. I have a new Happy Group of Oldies, and its a real mix 'n match.

We lost Arista last week adn I have been trying to figure out which group would be best for shy nervous Adella, and it seems my Oldie group is best. She's starting to come out of her shell with these guys.

Clare is looving her wheel, and she can really run without her tumour getting in the way.

And here's the group less Adella and Yara...

from L to R - Milton, Luna, Clare and Bree :heart:

Its been a loooong time but I think its time to resurrect my old thread.

Today shall be Pam and her new family. A 32 month old girl who had never lived with another rat before. She would react very unevenly when meeting other rats, going from incredibly timid to a real puffy bully and you never knew which stressed out Pam was coming out to play.

When Miyu died and Amity was alone with Charlie who was neutered by then, I did a quick intro with Pam and also Miyu's brothers Akemi and Ryuu. Ryuu as per this poor family has a terrible big tumour under his neck, and I wanted to do intro's before Akemi was alone. Ryuu of course is doing really well, Charlie's neuter has kicked in well and he's becoming a nice but still unsocialized boy, and everyone else is fitting in.

Af first Pam just kinda hung out by herself, watching and observing.

Mar114Pamwithhernewfriends.jpg~original

Now she's finally starting to sleep with the others and this morning I *finally* caught her cuddled up to Akemi :heart:

Mar1114PamandAkemi.jpg~original

Today is Liam, my little burly rex boy who lives with a harem :) He's starting to really age now, getting lower to the ground as the suspension drops, but an added benefit is he's very very cuddly now...not running like a crazy thing anywhere and everywhere LOL

And also finally his fur on his back is soft as well as wavy :D When Jenny picked him up, he was small, had buggies ("skin condition" the former owner said :rolleyes:, lived alone and his coat was course wire and he was very very scared...for a long time. :undecided:

jun16Liaminfoster.jpg~original

Now he's just a happy, content, soft greedy thing who looooves his puffs :-D

Feb1914Liam5.jpg~original

Mar1114Liam4.jpg~original

Mar1114Liam2.jpg~original

Mar1114Liam.jpg~original

Then there's one of his ladies Vickie (named after our beloved Victoria)...this girl is feisty, sweet and tilted. I am not sure on her age actually, but her owner told me she was 18 months old when I got her (moving in with parents, etc)...her boyfriend met me and literally dumped off a scared, bitey, tilty girl with inner ear infection, and mites in a filthy little carrier.

I have had her for 7 months so I would imagine if she's not 2 years old (her body feels older, that looser feeling, not the full tighter muscled feeling of a younger rat) then she's close to it.

Feb1914Vickie3.jpg~original

Feb1914Vickie.jpg~original

Poor little Vickie gets taken down a lot by her much feistier and younger cagemate Bryony the "biter". LOL Unfortunately Bry gets very bent out of shape and Vickie ends up taking the brunt of it, then running away :(

Feb1914BryonytakingdownVickie3.jpg~original

Feb1914BryonytakingdownVickie2.jpg~original

Feb1914BryonytakingdownVickie.jpg~original

Feb1914Vickie4.jpg~original

My Gosh... those 2 are just A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E !!!! :thud:

I just love Liam's total rex look... the most adorable black sheep I have ever seen!!!

And Vickie... she looks like such a doll... I just want to grab her and kiss her - actually, come to think of it, she's got that Esprit's light in her eyes... :heart:

Our friend Victoria is getting another rattie named in her honor? Lucky her! :)

Yay, and update!

Pam sounds like a much older version of my little Mariel...she's never lived with another rat before and as we slowly do intros, she alternates between being timid and scared, and a big poofy bully.

I just adore Liam. Such a handsome guy. *reaches through computer screen to give smooches*

So many oldies, so little time :p Time to resurrect my special thread.

But to start, rest peacefully sweet Pam and Vickie, Ryuu, Alia and Mako...

We shall start with Maisie and her daughter Pip, formerly of CCH. Maisie is now 34 months old and her nakie daughter is 29 months. Maisie has lost her hind end and a lot of body condition but her health is pretty good :D Pip just seems to have trouble with her eyes off and on, and recently had them cleaned out at the vets.

Pip and her mom November 2012. Maisie was sooo terrified of me, and Pip was only a little better unless I had something tasty on my fingers LOL They arrived Oct. 27th, as some of the last rats when CCH closed its doors and these rats had potential issues as this litter had a lot of hydro babies. Sadly my favourite of this group Serena passed young (about 15 mo) from a neurological issue. :( There was another little nakie daughter, Squeak, but she died before I could get there :(

oct28Pipandmom.jpg~original

and now Maisie still jerks when first picked up but settles in for ear rubs, and scratches and rubs...she warms up fast. :D Pip is now very friendly :D

May3114Pip.jpg~original

May3114MaisieandPip2.jpg~original

May3114Maisie2.jpg~original

May3114MaisieandPip.jpg~original

May3114Maisie4.jpg~original

May3114Maisie3.jpg~original

May3114Maisie.jpg~original

May3114MaisieandPip3.jpg~original

Tess has finally gotten old...she's been here 26 months, we were told she was 2 years old when we got her, but there's just no way. I have been downgrading Tess's age in the last year over and over. She arrived and never really changed so she was a full adult. I think that she was about 11 months old making her 37 months now. She finally has lost her back end, she has cataracts, she has a small round but light mammary tumour in her armpit and a bit of an old girl feeling body, but no protruding spine, no HED, her face hasn't thinned, and she's got no other issues. She still plays, climbs, runs and explores just not with such a manic speed as before :flower:

Tessa on arrival

mar24Tessflatfoot.jpg~original

mar24Tessflatfoot2.jpg~original

Tessa now :D

May3114Tess4.jpg~original

May3114Tess3.jpg~original

May3114Tess2.jpg~original

May3114Tess.jpg~original

On March 22nd of this year I found Tess struggling, she was drooling down her chest, and I couldn't figure out what was going on. It wasn't like choke, and I thought I was going to lose her as she was getting cold feeling and limp. I held her through most of this long long ordeal (on a weekend when I don't have vet to run to...of course!). I was terrified I was losing her :(

Mar2914Tess2.jpg~original

Mar2214Tesshascataracts.jpg~original

The next morning she was fine, and happily went back to her Joey *whew* That was the ONLY health scare I had with this lovely girl.

Apr1614JoeyandTess.jpg~original

Last edited:
Back