My Passel of Oldies...Ongoing Thread - Updated :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I decided its a long weekend, the weather is lovely, I can put off starting cages right away and do a photo dump of all (or most) of my Oldies. There's so many here right now. So I will put up the pics and a teeny bit about them.

Oldest to youngest in this group

Alfie (35.5 mo) – Midland, Ontario boy. Been sick since I got him last year, but it never stopped him…he was a go-go-go boy, with plenty of kisses when he visited. His eyes have been filmy and his coat tatty, but his weight and condition has been phenomenal. Last night he finally looked his age, with his eyes closed and him wanting cuddles and strokes under my chin. Sweet Alfie of the tatty fur.

may19Alfie3.jpg

may19Alfie2.jpg

Peony (32 mo) – the surviving Tube Girl, still have NO clue how the girl made them live in ferret tubes and a ball. Her coat is still soft, but she walks so low on her hind feet. Sweet girl with people but had a rough time with Alfie in the beginning, as they were both alpha’s in their respective groups.

may19Peony.jpg

may19Peony2.jpg

Grooming on her butt LOL
may19PeonyandAlthea.jpg

Althea (31 mo) – Althea was a snake food mama…we convinced the guy that we needed her to finish rearing her tiny pinkies (they were the only ones being offered), but she bit him so he wanted to make sure she died painfully because of it…she makes a cute corpse doesn’t she? All her babies were adopted out but Althea stayed. Sweet, blind with cataracts, the “Mama” of the group and recently reunited with Xanthe.

may19Althea2.jpg

may19Althea.jpg

and the youngster Xanthe (29 mo) whose only issue is a small tumour that doesn’t grow on her side, and and the fact that she cannot bound in her wheel anymore…she rumba walks really fast…soo cute to watch from behind :D She arrived at 4 weeks, left for a bit then came back as a young girl to stay.

may19Xanthe2.jpg

may19Xanthe.jpg

Inca (29 mo) was part of this group (Althea and Alfie). I do want to mention that Inca's demodex mites seem to be resolving after 6 weeks of ivermectin (4 weeks injected, 2 weeks orally). I realized when Jenny was over on Thursday night that Incas face is not as pink, and fur is growing back. Here's 3 pics to show you the progression and make up your own mind.

April 15 - bare shiny skin, dark pink spots
apr15Inca.jpg

May 4
may4Inca.jpg

May 17 closeup, skin is normal and fur is growing back on bare spots
may15Incacloseupofhealingface.jpg

Tess (25 mo) – rescued, rehomed and rehomed, then fostered and to me permanently. Why? I have NO clue, she's amazing and everyone can see that! Teeny tiny gal, loooves people, not so good with rats LOL. I wanted to include her in here because she is older even though she fools us regularly into thinking she’s only a baby LOL

may19Tess.jpg

Flower (25 mo)– the surviving Newmarket rescue girl. She was a pet but the owner decided she wanted to get rid of all her rats, dumped her in with the feeder rats she had and tried to get rid of them all as food. Poor Flower is obese, but there’s not a lot I can do…she hates exercise and at her age I have given up with dieting especially now that she lives with Cesar who needs supplementing.

may19Flower.jpg

may19FlowerandCesar.jpg

Cesar (18 mo) – isn’t technically an oldie but his body is so worn down that I consider him very old. Sweet boy who is not going to waste prime exploring time with cuddles and even many visits. I am just fine with that…run and climb Cesar!!
may19Cesar.jpg

may19CesaronFlower.jpg

** Camera batteries are charging so check back for more oldies later on...

Java and Marsky (26 mo) – my 2 sweet, handleable halfie boys. Sadly Marsky developed pulmonary abscesses very young (18 mo) and now Java has it as well. They are both thin and a bit ragged and sadly doing the photoshoot today set off poor Marsky and he had a frightening respiratory attack. I will do up another thread in Health on this, as I got some "good" pics. He got a shot of dex to open up his lungs and he is relaxing now and has eaten some baby cereal. My poor old boys, last week was Java’s attack, which we got him through. I don’t think it can be much longer for these boys…and I likely will let them go together even if Java is much healthier…he will be utterly lost without his brother.

Java

may19Java.jpg

may19Java2.jpg

Marsky with his brother

may19MarskyandJava.jpg

may19MarskyandJava2.jpg

Drusilla and Harmony (25 mo) and yes I was/am a Buffy fan :giggle: are the 2 feral girls who got loose in Scythe’s Petsmart and lived loose for a long time. They are much older than we thought they were as they are starting to hock walk unlike the younger ladies they live with. They were very nippy and very spooky for a very long time, but I gave them time, space and yummy "treats" with their on/off URI's, and they are bright girls, so they worked it out on their own…now I get kisses. :D

My little bookend girls :D

may19DruandHarm.jpg

may19DruandHarm3.jpg

may19DruandHarm2.jpg

Dru (yes Scythe this is your Biter girl)
may19Dru.jpg

Harm
may19Harm2.jpg

may19Harm.jpg

and there's more... :laugh4:

Oscar, Tommy and Loki (28 mo) – sick since they arrived with their memorable brother Cecil. They all have persistent URI’s that I control but cannot cure. Oscar sadly despises me but his brothers are very sweet.

Loki, Oscar and Tommy
may19LokiOscarandTommy.jpg

Oscar, poor lad has a tumour that sometimes bleeds :(

may19Oscarsbleedingtumour.jpg

may19Oscar2.jpg

may19Oscar.jpg

Tommy, the healthiest of the 3, is in Puff Heaven :D
may19Tommyisinpuffheaven.jpg

Loki the sickest of the 3, also adores his puffs
may19Loki2.jpg

He really shows off his age when he eats LOL
may19Lokisittin.jpg

Galileo and Medici (29 mo) - I adore these 2, typical old sweet men. Medici is not so much about the handling but loves to be near, whereas Galileo loves pats and everything that comes with it :mrgreen:

may19GalileoandMedici.jpg

Medici (he has always had small squinty eyes)
may19Medici.jpg

may19Medici2.jpg

Galileo
may19Galileo.jpg

Doesn't take much to start this lovely boy bruxxing :D
may19Galileo2.jpg

Simcoe is getting a miss today, but I will catch up with him later on, Inca needs me right now.

But lastly, 2 girls that are well-known but even though they don't fit my criteria of 24 months or more, they are almost 23 months and deserved a mention.

Shade and Syra sleeping

may19ShadeandSyra.jpg

Wakey wakey :giggle: Do Shade's eyes look like a girl who has PT? :cheeky:

may19ShadeandSyra2.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize how many oldies you have! Just about most of them are still looking great.
Oscar has an owie just like Ferd did. Never did bother him and never grew any bigger.

mamarat said:
It's oldies' heaven. :heart: I didn't realize you have so many all looking pretty good too.

Then next month I have 2 hitting 22 months (Keiran and Tyr), 8 at 23 months (7 halfie girls and Smitty), and 4 more at 2 years old (Hermes, Eros, Perses and Hades)...when they go its going to be in droves.

Hello babies! I'm impressed by their condition considering they're all oldies but of course they do have you as an owner so it's not to surprising.

Back