my boys need a forever home ( found a home.... )

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, But he knows his name, He used to come when called, His name is him, He is willow, It suites him. It hurts me to have it otherwise, but yes i must think of them before myself, but I also have to think about my own sanity, I have put them first, even giving them to dahlas, And been so unselfish I could have just kept that at clarks, and kept them as mine and just took them when i could, but i diddnt, Im trying my best to do whats best for them, and The only thing i ask is his name not be changed, and everyone jumps on me like i killed someones kid.

Alexandra, I feel for your situation, I really do.

But girl, you need to get a grip! Be glad Dahlas stepped up and is giving your boys a good forever home instead of them staying in the wrong hands or landing in even worse hands. Now they have good housing, good food and will receive vet care whenever needed. What else do you want?

In rescue we give them all names but 99% of adopters change them. It's practically a fact of life... People's tastes for names are different and esp. with a common name like Willow chances are that Dahlas already took in 4 other rats that came in with that name.

He will always be Willow for you... just like with the rescue ratties I always remember their original names but generally never their new names. I'm not offended when people change their names it's just we go through so many rats it's a wonder I remember their original names.

When I adopt out rats, all that matters to me is that they go to a good home where they will be loved and get everything they need. That is the important thing! Heck I've had adopters change names and gave them horrible horrible names but c'est la vie... it's just a name, it doesn't reflect on the good care they provide.

I say your boys lucked out that they landed with Dahlas!

I don't see where anyone jumped on your like you killed someones kid. But the majority of us think you're reaction has been over the top the his name change.
Did you even attempt to pm her to let her know how you feel and ask if she could keep his name? Posting things so the entire board can see isn't personal. A pm is.

Quite honestly if I took in someones rats and I wanted to change their names, I would. I own them, I pay for their vet care, I clean their cages. The boys I took in happened to fit their names so I never did.

Honestly if this bothers you this much, you're going to have a lot of problems in life. That is NOT a shot at you, but it is reality.

Thats really funny, because Im a executive assistant for a manager of SITT for industry canada, and i have no problems whatsoever...I give up, Whatever if she wants to name him "wesley" GO ahead. I dont even want to argue anymore, All i said in the first place, was " you changed their names" And everyone commented afterwards. I never said oh dahlas I hate the name wesley name your rat willow, I simply said, I feel uncomfortable with the name change as he was a huge part of my childhood\teenhood and I named him willow. Soo, This being said, Im dont argueing, and really You say im immature, Please please look at you guys throwing blame at me for being " selfish" Hello, I got them out of clarks and Gave them to dahlas so " they" would have a better life. Ohh soo selfish of me.. Im sick of the name throwing, "selfish" "unthankful" This is not even it, Im not even being selfish, Im trying to deal with having them gone from my care 100% and its hard.

I'm having a really hard time understanding where you are coming from anymore. You've already stated you've said something out of anger, so I don't know what to take as truth and what not.
We have all tried to stress out point on the situation, which you opened up for debate by posting all of what you did. It is no doubt hard, I think about my boys and girls every single day and wish they were still with me. But being nitpicky with his name is what is clouding your appreciation.

Please PM Dahlas.

It doesn't really matter what you want anymore, you gave the boys up. They are in much better hands and have a home for the rest of their lives. THANK GOODNESS. And if I recall this is like the third or fourth time you have be desperate to find these guys a home and you were always so ungrateful and hateful to anyone who offered to help. Thank you to Dahlas and Godmother for having the heart to get these boys.

I cant even believe you guys If you fallowed up on the forum you would see that i have been trying to find them homes for my mothers allergies, But then i moved out, and all was fine untill now. well a couple of months ago. you guys are nasty, I cared for my boys better than you hypocrits did! I cared for them and took wonderful care of them, I HAD NO CHOICE, but to send them to clarks for what i thought would be a short period. I thanked dahlas and godmother up and down for taking my boys!! and have offered dahlas money for vet care and food, I offered to sell the cage and give her money, or the cage, wich i would sell for around 250$ dollers, and i offered to give it to her. Im not ungratefull. how dare you say that, WILLOW is his name, If she wants to change it to wesley In senior age, and that is what she wants, then go ahead, I already said, Do it, and you are still picking at me, and being nasty. So please stop, im asking you nicely, please. Im the one who pushed and started the rat train and adoptions, I spent countless hours trying to get the rats adopted from clark, and countless more taking pictures and posting them. Just for those rats. So tell me, Im selfish, Regardless to any of that, I would really apreciate if you just stopped saying nasty things towards my feelings.

These boys now have a good home... The rest is up to Alex and Dahlas to work together.
The boys are safe and that's all that matters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back