my boys need a forever home ( found a home.... )

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lilspaz68 said:
Sorry to bring this on-forum but I have to say it.

Get over it!

Your rats are safe, I thought that's what you wanted??? Did you want them to die horrible untreated deaths at Clark's hands? You should be thanking ALL the gods that Dahlas was able to take ALL of them in. You are a grownup now, things hurt, you have to make horrible decisions, but in the end its for the rats...WTH is a name to a rat? They will be fine.

Godmother and Dahlas, you both rock! :bow:

I agree 100% get over it, grow up and stop being so selfish! Your rats are safe and loved by the most loving people out there. You should be singing their praises for helping your rats who were obviously in need of new homes.

THANK YOU Godmother and Dahlas, and Dahlas my offer still stands to send a little $$ your way to help cover getting these guys out of there, so just let me know. :bow:

NO one understands how important willow is to me!!!!!! His name is willow, and he has been willow, and i would like him to stay willow. I feel very uncomfortable with his name being changed. Stop being nasty and see where im comming from. Im just asking for willow, not orville and rooter, Just please keep willow, willow. If not, i dont feel comfortable.

You could have just politely PM'ed Dahlas, then and explain your situation and feelings instead you posted on here for all of us to see, so you may have to take what you get.

I have a rat here that I may have to give up and I have asked the rattie's potential new owner to keep that rat's name and why I would like it so.

He will be Willow in your heart...
These rats have been shuffled around enough... They need a good stable home. Dahlas is making room for these boys. These boys will have everything a rat could dream of.
Willow knows he was Willow with his mom Alex and now with his mom Dahlas, he is Wesley.
It's the same as Axel, a rat I adopted from Henry's_mum... he will always be Axel to her and to Moon but with me, he's Rodeo.
It doesn't make him any less special to you, it doesn't make you any less special to him. It's a new chapter in his life.
Here's another way of looking at it... when you have a boyfriend, he might call you babe... but you break up with him and go with someone new, he might call you sweetheart... it doesn't change who you are or your experiences with each of the people in your life.
For all we know... Rooter and Orville might have an entirely different name for Willow... maybe calling him Jimmy all this time.

We all know how important Willow/Wesley is to you and to you, he will always be Willow. He is safe now. Would to rather him stay in those awful conditions at Clarks and die a sad death and still have the name Willow? Or would you rather him have the best home possible with a loving Mom who will take care of him until he passes safely, and just have his name simply changed to Wesley?

Ill just stay with my dad with them untill i can find a bachelors appartment. I am really upset over this. The name willow has meaning, and he was named with meaning from my heart. Willow was the first rat I ever ever saw as a kid, and he was named after her. I used to spend hours with her, ( she was my neighbours) and then she died, and i was crushed.
I named willow in honor of her. :sad3:

AlexandraBoo said:
Ill just stay with my dad with them untill i can find a bachelors appartment.

Then why did you not do this in the first place???? I would live in my car and eat dirt if it meant keeping my animals with me. It is called commitment and sacrifice for the ones you love and you obviously know nothing about either. I am pretty sure it is too late Godmother and Dahalas have gone out of their way to get these boys out of the mess you put them in and now you want them back? SELFISH and if you want people to stop attacking you then stop replying back easy as that, walk away and get over it.

I usually stay away from your posts, but I cannot sit back and let you attack these wonderful people. :hugs:

Jorat's is a saint for trying to put the name change issue in terms that most rational people would understand. The time and effort these people put into their love for these awesome creatures makes me want to cry knowing that there are truly good people out there. :heart:

You know what mellisa Its not that easy for me. Dont make comments when you have no friggin idea what i have been through to try and keep them! Why dont you stop commenting on things and being insulting when you have nothing to do with it. Its nosy, and You have nothing good to say. So just leave it alone, and Stop judging me before you know the whole situation!! :redhot: :rant:

As someone who just had to give away some of my girls and boys, I understand how painful it is to see them in another setting, and have someone else care for your loved ones. Infact one of my girls died last night and it killed me to not be with her. But, knowing she is in the best place possible helps me feel better. They are with an amazing person who will give them everything they need.

One of the rats in the group is one of my heart rats. She is my sweetest little girl, and it kills me because she is having a hard time adapting to her new home.

But I realize that I willingly gave them up. I was not forced to. I asked for some help in placing them in new homes, and these people helped me. I am thankful for that, and if I have to give up their name than I will. Its a choice between a name or health.
I'm the most sentimental person I know, so to say I don't understand would no fly with me, but I really think you have to step back and look at the bigger picture here. Your boy is in a good home now and is being cared for by someone who will love them.
I think its incredibly unfair to have someone transport them to not only another city, but another province, and let this person meet them, care for them and become attached to them, all to want to take them away because of a name change.

I am queen of emotions, but I know enough to not let them get the best of me. I really think you need to step back and realize what you're asking here. He is no longer you're rat. He will always be in your heart, and you will always hear about him from updates here.

I'm sorry I don't know what else to say.

The point is that your rats needed a home ASAP. And this is not the first time either. You sent them off to Clark's where Willow was pulled away from his buddies. Now that Dahlas can reunite them and keep them safe and happy you want to prevent that? And what happens if your dad is... no longer around for you again. What will happen then?

My dad has a bachalors appartment but also has my younger brothers living with him, Soo, There is no room, I figured the rats would have a better life with dahlas, Because she is a really great person, and cares for her rats very well.
I am not being selfish, I simply would preferr willows name stay willow, It makes me feel a little better about this whole thing of them having a new owner and mother. If not i feel very indifferent about this situation. Im trying to stay calm, Some people are being flat out rude. Im trying to calmly state my feelings about certain things, and people are picking me appart like vultures in a meat shop. :redhot:

Added- Im 16 turning 17, me and my mother have never gotten allong, I havnt had the greatest life, very up and down. My grandparents cant handle a teenager living with them, so im pushed out onto the friggen streets, on my own, Im scared and i feel very hurt and abondoned, The rats were all I had left of somewhat of highlight, and now they are gone.
Im being forced to move into a house with 2 other girls and in this house they dont allow any animals, not even fish, I have no choice. The only other option is my dad. Who i havnt even really gotten to know in 12 years or soo, since my step dad raised me, then disowned me( i thought he was my real dad) Anyways, This is just some more info of whats going on and why i cant keep my boys. SO please stop being nasty, I cant take it anymore. Im trying my hardest to be on my own, and im still a child at heart although i have to act like an adult everyday in the workplace and at home they kinda signafy my child hood, and when I was still being cared for by my mother.
Its a hard thing to let go, Willow, And his name because it is so much like me and my childhood. Its very hard. You have to understand.

Well you don't seem very appreciative. All you keep doing is crying over a name. It's still the same rat. It's not a big deal. It's not like he changed 110% because of the name change.

Also, you made it our business when you made it public, it's as simple as that. We have the right to voice our opinions, if you don't like it my advice is not to post it.
I'm sorry. But that's just the way it is.

Alex, are you saying that Willow and the boys can stay with Dahlas only if she keeps his name?
Now does that make a lot of sense to you? Because it really doesn't to any of us.

Im saying that im not in a position to take them back, what i said was said out of anger.

What i am saying is that i would really feel better if Dahlas kept willows name, atleast named him wesley willow, or willow wesley so that he has his name somewhat? Please you have to understand joanne, he was like my child, I love him more than anything.

I'm sorry you've gone through all of that in your life. I was on my own at 17 as well after a some bad situations, but it made me mature a lot faster, and appreciate things in life more than my friends who are even still living with mommy and daddy.

One thing stuck out to me. You said Willow keeping his name would make you feel better. I don't mean this to sound rude, but this situation isn't about you, its about providing him with the best home possible.

Please try to pick out the positive in this situation. You seem to only be focused on the one and only negative (in your eyes), when in fact there is a lot to be thankful for.

A lot of us are young on here...I turn 19 this year. I've had a stupid hard life too but I'm not sharing it with anybody on here, sorry. Only two of my friends know how my life really is... I'm not the sharing type.

Why don't you just PM Dahlas and ask her to change his name back like I said before? Problem solved, right?

I just realized I may have to give up a bunch of my rats here just so I can stay sane when I go to Guelph. And you know what, the reality is they may have their names changed unless I ask the people taking them in to not do so. Just ask Dahlas I'm sure she won't bite your head off over this.

AlexandraBoo said:
Im saying that im not in a position to take them back, what i said was said out of anger.

What i am saying is that i would really feel better if Dahlas kept willows name, atleast named him wesley willow, or willow wesley so that he has his name somewhat? Please you have to understand joanne, he was like my child, I love him more than anything.

:hugs: I'm sure he will always be known as Wesley Willow by all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back