Little Miss ..RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilspaz68 said:
Ohh he's going to gas her down to take a better look?

Yes, that's the word ..so not surgery ..just gas to take a better look since she is always on the move!

lilspaz68 said:
Ratty Momma said:
lilspaz68 said:
Ohh he's going to gas her down to take a better look?

Yes, that's the word ..so not surgery ..just gas to take a better look since she is always on the move!

Yes breathe a little easier, its more or less to keep them immobile :D

Phew!

No only to worry if its an abscess or tumor!

I'm so sorry to see her so ill. Hoping it's an abcess too; but if it's a tumor, they can probably remove the eye and tumor, and she will learn to 'make do' with only one functional eye; other rats have learned. The main thing is that she can overcome whatever this is. A good vet, lots of TLC, and proper meds will, hopefully, do the trick. Please keep us posted; I know how stressful something like this is, and sending healing to your baby (and you).

Thye drained the abscess and cleaned it all up, I am picking her up in abotu an hour or so. she is already on baytril + doxy for resp issues, they said to continue using it. Anything else I should do? ..would it be okay to use polyspourn eye drops ..her eyes have always been so gunky.

You could use the drops on her eyes, I can't see it doing any harm. I don't think there's much else that needs doing. Abscess was a good news.

Little Miss is home and doing okay. He poor eye is swollen obv. They put her under just like a normal surgery, lanced and cleaned the abscess. I got sent home with Metacam and she is already on baytril, so just going on with that. She dose not seem to be in pain which is good, she did have pain meds today.

Time for lots and lots of healing vibes for my little miss :heart:

Back