Lilith arrives and ....Pics Oct 19th :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilspaz68 said:
This little one likes pats and rubs
hoodielikespatsaug30.jpg

What a doll he is. If you'll excuse me... I think I'll go pass out. :thud:

After reading this thread last night I had to go and look at the pics of Jazzy's babies........sooooooo adorable..........babies are just 'to die for'.......... :heart:

Private Moments? When I have a camera? NOT happening. :cheeky:
The bubbies are 17 days old, and I was able to show how big they are compared to Lilith. She is such a good momma!

Lilithnursing1sep1.jpg

Lilithnursing2sep1.jpg

Baby Butts to clean
Lilithbabybuttsneedcleaningsept1.jpg

Look at the rexy parasite, he is not letting go at all :lol:
Lilithnursing3ept1.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart:

We saw the babies last night (Tim and me)!!! Tim was SO happy to cuddle Lilith again!

They are EVERY bit as sweet as in those photos! Tim had a ball holding the little babies, and letting them jungle gym all over his hands. Some of them really wanted to popcorn, but it wasn't QUITE happening yet - it was more of a horizontal popcorn, but it was SO cute to see them try!

I gave all of them lots and lots of kisses for everyone on the forum, whispered sweet words in their ears, gently tugged little tails, little ears, little legs and arms (to help get them used to human contact and handling). There was one boy who was REALLY determined to lick me to death too!

Sweetest thing I think was how they all piled up against my arm (I laid my arm down beside one of the edges to keep them from wandering too close but mostly to keep them from congregating under a rolled-up blankie), and once they got tired they fell fast asleep against me, twitching with little rattie dreams...

And they're CLIMBING! I had a heart attack the first ten times I saw one of them climbing up so high!!

Thank you SO much for letting us come over, Shelagh! Tim was talking about rats all the way home. :D

Awe, poor Lilith. Bet she's getting tired of being a human milk bar.

Our Nammie was only about 10 weeks old with her babies. She was barely bigger than them at one point. I think she was right around 200grams too. Now of course her babies are all 15 months old......and much larger than Nammie. It's like she never really got much bigger. I wonder if getting pregnant so young stunts their growth??? Hopefully, Lilith will do like Nammie did and start putting on some weight, once the babies are weaned. :D

I think having babies stuns their growth.
My friend Jarrells cat ad babies and never got any bigger.

Hershey and Luna never grew any more after having their babies ether.

She's gained some weight since being at Shelagh's - uh... well, yeah, baby weight first, then she had babies, now she's gained healthy non-baby weight, from 145g that first night to 200-odd grams now.

But she'll probably always be smaller than even Sweetie, mom to the Sugarbabes, who's small enough!

I blame all her healthy weight gain on Shelagh's most excellent care. ;)

Well they had their babies, and gained their after-baby weight. But nothing from there. They're always going to be small (Hershey and Luna) even with excellent care.

Sweetie's family are small genetically (her brothers were tiny but they suffered the same horrible neglect, although they didn't give birth to a litter..hehe. Who knows about Lilith's...we'll know more about her natural size from the size of her properly nutured baby boys. But yeah, all the energy that normally goes into a growth spurt for these young ladies is directed to gestation, and then taking care of their families...I would say most don't recover, although Bronwen did pretty well but she was about 4 months old when she got pregnant. :)

Lilith's little crew got active and playful very very fast, so tonight they got moved to an R-680 :)

Lilithscrewsnewcagesep2.jpg

They all look so teeny in it, but that won't last long :roll:
babies3sep2.jpg

babies2sep2.jpg

babyyumsep2-1.jpg

babybrotherssep2.jpg

Lilithandarexybabysep2.jpg

Babyclimbsep2.jpg

Babyteethsep2.jpg

babychewingfingersep2.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Back