Kijiji: Need help...not sure how many are left but reaching out!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully there are two passionate ladies that are officers there and I know them on a more personal level now.
So I know if I go straight to them I'll get results.

UPDATE: The SPCA goes in tomorrow to the MALE RAT home.
They are looking into it faster because there is possible illegal snakes involved as well as children and the possible illegal sales.

The boys' sniffles are already clearing up. Probably the bedding.
So these boys are supposed to be 5 months old...took photos with Diablo who is 5.5months old to compare how physically behind they are :(
I don't think they're dad was even as big as my 5month old boys.
I'm hoping to keep doing compare photos to show their growth. They have very good appetites!

This is Diablo with Roman*
*Who was being such a brave boy! We had a bonding moment that was almost a "make you wanna cry" sweet moment because when he got a bit scared he crawled to me and snuggled into my neck!!*

a4eba9yt.jpg

a7ehyte7.jpg

u6ygeqe2.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE!!
Roman and Peter's 7 brothers are safe!
6u2y7eqa.jpg

The girl handed them over to the SPCA willingly and she has one month to improve conditions for the other rats in her home or they will be forcibly removed.
Sadly she was able to keep their dad who was a beautiful PEW dumbo boy.
They have been treated for lice and been on a mix of hamster food and dog food to get their weight up...I donated a bag of Oxbow for them while they are in QT.
I pick them up Saturday if everything looks good with them.

I'm a bit upset they gave her another chance but I guess she seemed to care enough and that she "just didn't know she needed to give them more room" umm...I told her she should ventilate the cages better and offered a bigger cage for the girls.
Anyway! I will have the rest of the crew by end of week! Have to think of names!
Roman and Peter are from Hemlock Grove the Netflix series so probably have to have a Norman and a Johan!

UPDATE!!
Roman and Peter's 7 brothers are safe!
6u2y7eqa.jpg

The girl handed them over to the SPCA willingly and she has one month to improve conditions for the other rats in her home or they will be forcibly removed.
Sadly she was able to keep their dad who was a beautiful PEW dumbo boy.
They have been treated for lice and been on a mix of hamster food and dog food to get their weight up...I donated a bag of Oxbow for them while they are in QT.
I pick them up Saturday if everything looks good with them.

I'm a bit upset they gave her another chance but I guess she seemed to care enough and that she "just didn't know she needed to give them more room" umm...I told her she should ventilate the cages better and offered a bigger cage for the girls.
Anyway! I will have the rest of the crew by end of week! Have to think of names!
Roman and Peter are from Hemlock Grove the Netflix series so probably have to have a Norman and a Johan!
Wasn't she the one to post something like "I have no use for them.."? The fact they are eating hamster food should say something! I wonder if she even gives them vegetables? GAH.

Anyway, thank you! You did an amazing thing :D I wish people like you could replace most of the world, lol. They are all adorable, btw.

Ya that was the "MALE RATS" ad
She had no use for the big boys. She wanted money for them too. She also bred rats to feed her snakes which tho not illegal here she cannot sell them as such. But they also have to live in suitable conditions regardless especially the adults.
I'm upset its only 7 of the dozens there but its at least a few lives saved!
I've decided on Johann & Norman (two lighter agouti boys) from Hemlock Grove. Cillian (dark agouti boy) after one of my fiances fave actors
But still working on other names....
Two agouti capped boys and two black and white boys left to be named.

Last edited:
The OSPCA should get the police to help out with their investigation to do a search on that Raven person. I sent you the Facebook of hers, so they could track her down from her ISP through her postings.

I talked to Shannon at the SPCA today about Raven and my concerns about that and she said she'll talk to the senior investigator and see what can be done.

Meanwhile the boys are home today instead of waiting til tomorrow. The vet checked them and aside from some yellow coloured bellies (from the dirty bedding I assume) and a bit small for their age just like Roman and Peter
I also got a little extra. This beauty was brought in as a "biter" she was in a tiny box (less then 6inches squate) lilspaz86 does she remind you of anyone?

8aseqy7u.jpg

ge3a4ypu.jpg

I named her Arya after Game of Thrones for several reasons she reminds me of lilspaz86's Arabella, she has a knick out of her ear like my Tyrion and I've wanted to name one Arya for ever! She is on pregnancy watch as we have no info on her.

The boys are settling into their temp cage while I thoroughly clean the girl smell from the SFN I moved Delphi's group into a smaller (taller, narrower) cage as these boys are going to need room to become big hunky men!
A few shots I took on the way home and once we were home. They are already wrestling and giving kisses.
I picked a few more names Podrick, Braun and Theon to go with the G.O.T. theme just getting to know them first as they are similar pairs so need to see who is who
y3amenag.jpg

hequva5y.jpg

7y2ugu2e.jpg

a2arahyb.jpg

agy7u4ut.jpg

Last edited:
Oh just 34, but I am arranging a swap with minnieflower to take in some boys for her so she will take some of my girls that have been here a while with no adoption interest. I'm slowing becoming a male majority here and this area is looking for males more often and you cannot get them at pet stores (I ensure they aren't for breeding I assure you!)
Have had some adoptions lately so thats been nice. Have some great happily ever after stories.

I am officially recognized by the SPCA as a rescue which means almost all vets must consider this in pricing so looking into neutering some of the boys ASAP.
Some of the ladies at the SPCA are trying to help with funds which feels amazing to be noticed here.

Last edited:
The boys are settling into routine well and two are pending adoption for next week :) Roman (now Shadow) and Podrick (now Mitzu)
They have done a quick easy intro together and Peter met the other 6 boys and submitted immediately and is getting along so well.
They are all putting on lots of good weight and the 7 are now white instead of their yellowish colour.

Roman and Pod (Shadow and Mitzu)
dasu6e2y.jpg

Several of the other 7..getting pudgy!

4y2eheva.jpg

je4a3a9a.jpg

A tisket a tasket a rattie in a basket
usu2y6u3.jpg

Roman and Pod now Shadow and Mitzu went to their new furever home with their very excited new momma.
She is all set with the new and first ever "adoption kit" which I decided to start doing to help ease transition for both rat and ratparent.
The kit includes:
-1/2lb of Regal Rat block
-A handful of favourite treats (individualized for each rat) to help new mom/dad hand train
-water bottle that has been tested drip free
-rat safe food bowl
-basic hideout

Pretty proud of myself [emoji242] [emoji5]
They also have their copy of the contract which has all the agreements and my contact info to get in touch whenever needed and the web address for my fave info site The Rat Shack of course!! So if for whatever reason I am unavailable I have all these rat savvy friends I trust to help her out!

Happy Tails Mitzu and Shadow!!

Last edited:
Back