Kijiji: Need help...not sure how many are left but reaching out!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This makes me sick. I'd like to give these scumbag people a good kick in the teeth! >:-/

For now I am sharing this with rat groups on Facebook. Poor ratties :-(

Last edited:
After you save the rats, this ad poster must be reported to the OSPCA! Just look at all the ads from Kajiji, and photos of the rats in poor housing conditions. This is clearly a case of animal hoarding as they have way more than the legal amount of pets that you can have in one dwelling, unless you are a rescue, then the rules are different. Anyway screencap the ads, save the ad photos of the rats, and also note down the ad poster's address.

I have contacted my friend at the SPCA here Shannon. She is my small animal rescuer/expert. Because she is moving and selling them all due to her gf not liking them the animals will be out in one way or another. I'm just trying to help that they don't end up as more breeders or food. Thats why my focus is on the adults...

Last edited:
So...this girl has turned flakey and I haven't heard from her today! Hoping to contact her. She has posted another ad about the now 15 rats that are just bigger then mice? She told me 13....but she posted her phone numbers so I'm going to txt her anonymously.
She now has 3 kijiji ads and one has all her info other then an address which is what I need for the SPCA to investigate.

Could I request someone to txt her saying you want to come pick up some and get an address?
226-778-3654 her name is Raven

Last edited:
So...this girl has turned flakey and I haven't heard from her today! Hoping to contact her. She has posted another ad about the now 15 rats that are just bigger then mice? She told me 13....but she posted her phone numbers so I'm going to txt her anonymously.
She now has 3 kijiji ads and one has all her info other then an address which is what I need for the SPCA to investigate.

Could I request someone to txt her saying you want to come pick up some and get an address?
226-778-3654 her name is Raven

it might not work, as she may have found the info online discussing her ad. It can be hard to do work like this, but if you are planning on something a bit below ground you need to keep it off the online forums and facebook where it would be easy for someone to find and to warn her.

The other ads are older ads. She's been apparently doing this for a few months. I noticed this the other day when I clicked to see the poster's other ads. She has a Facebook too, but I've not tried to communicate with her. Someone should definitely text her about wanting to buy some rats, maybe pretend to be a snake owner, just to get her interest, but rescue them instead without telling her.

The ad poster did a no show. Now the OSPCA is going to be involved with tracking them down to see what's going on with the rats, and to hopefully confiscate them!

They are going to treat it as a cruelty case because there are so many rats and likely little living space and the two ladies working on it have seen it before so it is time sensitive because she is moving. We don't want to see them tossed outside or in boxes in dumpsters. Someone who has little regard for their care has little regard for what happens to them.

I don't know...if you click the "view posters other ads" on any other of hers they all come up except this one. I think its a different one. But I will still reach out! There is at least an address so if I feel its a bad situation the SPCA can do a welfare check. (The first one) and as far as the second one. Get an address and send the SPCA or humane society to do a welfare check. They will see its not proper living conditions and ask them to surrender the animals! Thats what I've been waiting for (an address for this other girl!) So the SPCA can go

Last edited:
Tell the Windsor SPCA there is a rat rescuer in Sarnia that can take some of them!
Thankfully in this area they are good about doing their welfare checks and know how popular many small pets in one house are and what is "proper"

Last edited:
Back