keep me in your thoughts(Maxime is home now!)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that must have been really upsetting...I'm really glad that he's doing so much better! I'm sure that infection will clear up in no time.

He's a beautiful boy from a beautiful family :)

He is such a lovely little boy! Adorable in his Christmas cap. I love that they get you & your hubby to hold him next to your skin :heart: , so that makes it a little easier for me to forgive them for giving you all that inconsistent info.

Sorry to hear that you had such a scare on Christmas. I hope that things will soon get easier.

Godmother said:
He is such a lovely little boy! Adorable in his Christmas cap. I love that they get you & your hubby to hold him next to your skin :heart: , so that makes it a little easier for me to forgive them for giving you all that inconsistent info.

Our son was born via c-section also, and because the anesthesiologist gave me extra/un-needed meds (didn't ask me first! Argh!) I had to go into "recovery" for the first hour. So before they handed him to hubby, they asked him to take his shirt off... pardon? So you and the baby can bond. Ahhh... that pic. is one of our faves. it is still on our fridge! :D
Adrian was born at the Montfort Hospital. I had a pretty good experience. Nurses kept giving us diff. info. too. That part IS very frustrating!
Blessings to you and your darling Maxime! Hope he's super-healthy in no time! He's absolutely adorable!!! :nod: :heart:

Thanks for the update with pics.!

Sweet little Maxime....I am so glad he is doing better. I have been thinking of you both often and sending lots of prayers your way. ((hugs)) to you all.....

now they think he has allergy to cows milk and can no longer breastfeed unless id go on a very strict diet witch for me would never work out lol so he is on
neocate formula. Crossing my fingers its that and nothing major and he goes on well from here on out.

Oh that sucks but I think that's what happened on "19 kids and counting" with their youngest Josie.
Sending good vibes to you guys

My sister was is a allergic to cow's milk, they never pinpointed it until she was an older baby so she suffered so much through her very young days.
Everyone here is praying for Max, he's a loved boy.

lilangel said:
now they think he has allergy to cows milk and can no longer breastfeed unless id go on a very strict diet witch for me would never work out lol so he is on
neocate formula. Crossing my fingers its that and nothing major and he goes on well from here on out.

I was allergic to breast milk, cows milk, and goats milk. Apparently I would projectile vomit, right across the room. Must have been fun for poor mum! :giggle: I was eventually able to keep down soy milk. I don't know if doctors still recommend that.

lilangel said:

I seen your status and had to go looking! LOL Babies cannot be allergic to their mothers milk, but deffinately allergic to something Mom is eating. If he is allergic to cows milk, you would need to cut out all dairy, which totally blows. 80% of stuff out there has some sort of dairy in it :( Same goes for wheat, or nuts, or any food allergy. I'm sorry to hear he's allergic to cows milk. I really sorry to hear about how much formula is going to cost you too! Soy based (is Almentum cow based?) is pretty expensive, but totally worth it for your little boy :heart: My head spun buying regular formula for my little guy after 6 months, so much that I am still nursing at 11months with my daughter haha

Hope he grows out of it :cuddle:

PitLuvs said:
lilangel said:

I seen your status and had to go looking! LOL Babies cannot be allergic to their mothers milk, but deffinately allergic to something Mom is eating. If he is allergic to cows milk, you would need to cut out all dairy, which totally blows. 80% of stuff out there has some sort of dairy in it :( Same goes for wheat, or nuts, or any food allergy. I'm sorry to hear he's allergic to cows milk. I really sorry to hear about how much formula is going to cost you too! Soy based (is Almentum cow based?) is pretty expensive, but totally worth it for your little boy :heart: My head spun buying regular formula for my little guy after 6 months, so much that I am still nursing at 11months with my daughter haha

Hope he grows out of it :cuddle:
I know it's no consolidation but I went in and out of dairy allergies as a kid, I'd go a year being lactose intolerant then suddenly I could handle dairy again for a few years. This went on and off for probably 16 years.

So many good thoughts going to Maxime!

100_6055.jpg

This picture makes me tear up, babies are so small and vulnerable, I forget how sick they can get. I hope he's doing better and he can go home soon.

Maxime came home On the 28th of Jan :dance: we had our first sleepless night [schild=4,1,4B0082,C0C0C0:z6zaq0y9]No sleep here[/schild:z6zaq0y9] but we are :dance: about it anyways hehe we have waited over a month and he is finally home safe and sound! We have many doctor's appt's for him and all but we are glad we passed the milestone.

nvnqwz.jpg

[schild=33,1,000000,C0C0C0:z6zaq0y9]Go Maxime![/schild:z6zaq0y9]

Back