keep me in your thoughts(Maxime is home now!)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well good news,mama just called to say she finally got out her bed :joy:
Still hard on her but it is her fisrt time out of it since friday but it looks very good for to get out soon.She still did not get to see Maxime :redhot: they keep telling her she will but some nurses there are lost or something...So when daddy gets there tonite you guys know where i will bring her :heart:

lilangel said:
Still hard on her but it is her fisrt time out of it since friday but it looks very good for to get out soon.She still did not get to see Maxime :redhot: they keep telling her she will but some nurses there are lost or something...So when daddy gets there tonite you guys know where i will bring her :heart:

Urgh some people can be so insensitive, especially those in professions! Good for you Daddy, take charge and bring Mommy to see her little boy :heart: I know I went beserk having to wait an hour after my c-section to see my son, I could not imagine days! Tell her to keep moving as much as possible, helps the pain and the more you sit still the harder it is to get going again. I was walking an hour after my section and they thought I was crazy, I ended up going home in 48h because I was doing so well. Lady beside me was still bed ridden at 72h with hers, because she didnt get out of bed as per nurses rules. Hoping for lots of time with little Maxime for both of you, and a speedy recovery for Mommy! Thank you for updating us!

I am so glad that you will be there to insist that Maxime and his mama have some time together. It is very unkind of the hospital to deprive them of each others' company. Now that lilangel is up and about, no one will be able to keep her away. :heart:

lilangel said:

UGH!
They did this to me as well hun. The day Cole was born, (we had a VERY abnormal delivery and borthing expirience) they wouldn't allow me to go see him. I waited unti I thought I could get out of bed, about 11pm the day he was born, then demanded I see him, I even got out of the bed myself, and grabbed my IV and started to go. They realised I WAS going, and got me a wheelchair after I almost fell. I HATE reading that they keep the baby from the mother, HATE HATE HATE it!!!
That poor wee soul, all he's known is voices, and the voices of his mama, his dada, and his sister.... Those are the voices he continues to hear!
ALOT of things happened to my family and I, to the point of almost involving lawyers. I SURE hope you guys get better treatment!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Ask them to send a pic up to Chris so she can look at him whenever she'd like, it wasn't the best thing, but better than not seeing him....
Please tell her i'm here if she wants to talk, i've been through these things, and it is SO hard. The hardest day is when you will leave the hospital to go home, and he has to stay there....
Please let her know if she wants to talk, i'm here, I knew noone, who had been through this all before, and wished I had of.
:cuddle:

OMG I can't believe I missed this until now!! I so glad everything went well! Maxime is beautiful and I hope you get to see that for yourself soon! :cuddle:

Unfortunately hospitals are so under staffed, it's not surprising they didn't get around to bringing mom to see baby. They have no choice but to rely on family members. Good thing daddy is there!

Hi guys! Finally me typing from home :joy: i could not stand being in that hospital any longer (i did not like the doctors too much) The other staff (most of them) were nice.

I still have the high blood pressure but taking meds to get it down and they are to watch me this way from home(i made them do it that way lol)
They have me on two different kinds of meds for now.

I Want to send a special thank you to smmmiley for taking my babies and caring for them :heart: :hugs: i so miss them so much but i know they re in a safe place. When i got home i went right to Frank (the one guy left here for now) And he ran right to me :giggle: its like he knew.

We do want to find him a home too but i was taking one step at a time haha i could never afford to neuter to poor bloat so he lives by him self but free range (locked at night) But wee are looking. He is such a manrat i love him to death. I was hugging and kissing him and all when i got home even he was doing the same witch is not too much like him. Its amazing to see how animals know something was up and their mom was not here.

I want to also thank everyone here for the kind words and all it made me happy to hear hubby reading to me about it and knowing my babies were going somewhere safe and sound. :hugs: :hugs: :heart: :heart:

PitLuvs said:
Jenfoxworth said:
Wow he's got some good color in him, most babies come out purple or something. He looks really good for being a premie, I don't think he'll have trouble catching up at all!

Okay my turn next! XD

Good luck when your turn comes! I think I was the last one here, mines 10months :)

I have to agree, he's got great color :)

Mines coming out in 5 days! :3

Jenfoxworth said:
PitLuvs said:
Jenfoxworth said:
Wow he's got some good color in him, most babies come out purple or something. He looks really good for being a premie, I don't think he'll have trouble catching up at all!

Okay my turn next! XD

Good luck when your turn comes! I think I was the last one here, mines 10months :)

I have to agree, he's got great color :)

Mines coming out in 5 days! :3
:dance: :cloud9: So hard to wait :cheeky: when the day comes for me it will bee very hard.

I thought this was a rat forum. :laugh4: I love to hear about ratties being born but I specially love to here of human babies too. Good luck to all who have had babies and who are pregnant.

Ann

lilangel said:
I Want to send a special thank you to smmmiley for taking my babies and caring for them :heart: :hugs: i so miss them so much but i know they re in a safe place. When i got home i went right to Frank (the one guy left here for now) And he ran right to me :giggle: its like he knew.

Awww, Frank! He IS adorable! You're lucky I didn't scoop him too! :giggle:
Your most welcome...It is def. our pleasure ~ they are quite the adorable bunch of girlies! :nod: :heart:

lilangel said:
We do want to find him a home too but i was taking one step at a time haha i could never afford to neuter to poor bloat so he lives by him self but free range (locked at night) But wee are looking. He is such a manrat i love him to death. I was hugging and kissing him and all when i got home even he was doing the same witch is not too much like him. Its amazing to see how animals know something was up and their mom was not here.

I want to also thank everyone here for the kind words and all it made me happy to hear hubby reading to me about it and knowing my babies were going somewhere safe and sound. :hugs: :hugs: :heart: :heart:

Did you find a home for Frank yet? How old is he? He is such a love! :D

Maxime is doing well he had Necrotizing Enterocolitis http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/digestive/nec.html on Christmas day witch gave us much stress for the holidays :( But he is doing better now he does have a small infection they say in his blood and something eating his platelets(the infection) they started back his feeds (with NEC they stopped them) So pretty much starting all over again. Here are some new picture's.

100_6055.jpg

100_6049.jpg

100_6041.jpg

100_6039.jpg

100_5973640x480.jpg

100_5988640x480.jpg

100_6005640x480.jpg

He's so cute!
Are you in Ottawa? My coworker is going to be transferred there soon with Baby Portia since she's up to 3lbs 8 oz!

Zooy said:
He's so cute!
Are you in Ottawa? My coworker is going to be transferred there soon with Baby Portia since she's up to 3lbs 8 oz!

Yup we are at the Ottawa general hospital(although i hate it well for the care they did for me i did) But for babies they are ok just be sure to always get info from the doc's not the nurses as one says one thing then the other says something else.

My goodness, what a terrifying thing to happen! I can't begin to imagine how you felt... but I feel for you, all of you, especially little Maxime. He's so handsome! I adore that last picture especially - he's very expressive with his hands!

M0onkist said:
My goodness, what a terrifying thing to happen! I can't begin to imagine how you felt... but I feel for you, all of you, especially little Maxime. He's so handsome! I adore that last picture especially - he's very expressive with his hands!

I know! His hands he likes a lot lol or the faces he makes we have videos too but hubby did not put them yet i think.

Yeah its hard when someone says one thing and then its another, like last night they said to us they found some blood in his pee so they needed to do a catheter to collect some clean pee and see why there was some and then today they said hes fine and we asked about the blood and they said today "oh its prob the catheter that did that" :wallbang: but last night they were doing the catheter to see why he had blood in his pee >.< this is the nurses saying all that as each 12 hours there is a new nurse so never the same person.

Back