Jo's CN a review in progress.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilratsy43, it's the same thing with the FN though... I've got my trusty brush and I scrub like mad, it's easily removed and wiped clean. I hope it's the same with the CN, although, the space is much smaller and tighter, might have to get me a shark steamer like Twitch has.

Dewi, absolutely not. :giggle: but I've noticed that babies do tend to move it around and try to climb it but they easily get bored with it...but it sure looks pretty in the cage. :lol:

Twitch, the color is like a darker charcoal kind of thing... not like the FN, which is more on the blue. I just love the color!!! it really shows the difference when they are beside each other.

Lj, I hang the running ball using the metal shower hooks, four of them to make it hang lower. My balls have grooves in them and that's where I put the shower hooks.

ball.jpg

hooks.jpg

LA, Bijou was certain it was for her... she thinks everything is for her. lol

You might not be able to get right in through the bars, but when they're climbing around I give them belly pokes and scritches :D

That looks fantastic Jo!! But im confused, I thought u had a double wide FN without doors and no stand...did u get rid of that when you got your CN?

lilratsy43 said:
You know what really bothers me about my CN, is the horizontal bars along the bottom of the doors and panels. I am not sure if there is one on the FN, but food crumbs tend to get stuck under them and they are a pain to get out.
That's what your old toothbrushes are for!!! Just dip one in warm soapy water and it scrubs clean easily.

My kids LOVE to climb the bars. They climb the outside all the time. I put something soft to land on on each side of the cage. It was a good idea as I've had ratties fall off the cage three times so far - they all landed on the matt and bounded off to climb and play some more.

jorats said:
lilratsy43, it's the same thing with the FN though... I've got my trusty brush and I scrub like mad, it's easily removed and wiped clean. I hope it's the same with the CN, although, the space is much smaller and tighter, might have to get me a shark steamer like Twitch has.
Lj, I hang the running ball using the metal shower hooks, four of them to make it hang lower. My balls have grooves in them and that's where I put the shower hooks.

ball.jpg

hooks.jpg

LA, Bijou was certain it was for her... she thinks everything is for her. lol

id do the hang the ball thing but ever since i seen those picture's of a rats tails getting stuck in the cracks i never again used those balls to hang :sad3: im too scared to lol

yes, i've noticed the same problem with my CN. my solution, the shark steamer!! :D just blasts that crud right away. i did learn that i have to go back over the freshly blasted bars with a dry rag though. the steam, if left to dry on its own, will leave a uggy film. other then that though the shark steamer is a god send when it comes to deep cleans.

id use a steam cleaner too but since buying the used ferret nation that i did buy they too used that and all in the inside of the ferret nation bars are rusted like the tube side bars to hole the cage together where the screws go and such its hollow. even the screws so i would say not to use a steam cleaner on those cages the outside will not rust(unless there is places where the paint came off) but the inside will. so for me old fashioned toothbrush and wipe down after to take most water off my ferret nation cages for me :gaah:

These balls are different, the cracks are opened the same width from end to end. The other ones, the cracks were ending in a vee shape at both ends. That's where the rattie tails got caught.

mamarat said:
These balls are different, the cracks are opened the same width from end to end. The other ones, the cracks were ending in a vee shape at both ends. That's where the rattie tails got caught.

aw yeah still i prob will never use one again lol i think are's here have the slim part anyways :sad3:

but all in all looks great i love it.

I had to separate both my FNs a while back, the two colonies didn't get along, they were great for out time but young hoodlums would harass the older rats. So one of my FNs found a good home at mamarat's place. I have the 6 babies in the top part and the 4 oldies in the bottom... when the baby boys are about 5 months old, they will get all the CN and the oldies will move into their own single FN. :joy:

lj said:
Can't wait for the photos.
Of the CN? It's on page 1. :D

Having added the babies, that cage is perfect... the babies immediately climbed the bars and no squeezing through!!

One thing though, I've noticed it's a little flimsy, if you gently push the CN, it rocks which is kind of scary. The FN is a solid structure thanks to the screws. But no screws on the CN.

jorats said:
lj said:

Having added the babies, that cage is perfect... the babies immediately climbed the bars and no squeezing through!!

One thing though, I've noticed it's a little flimsy, if you gently push the CN, it rocks which is kind of scary. The FN is a solid structure thanks to the screws. But no screws on the CN.

oh for my hubby just that alone he prob would not like it then :sad3: . for the price you want something sturdy and strong.

It is wiggly but I do think its sturdy, I move it all over with no issues. And with the way you put it together, it really can't "break" or "fall apart"...

i've never noticed any wiggle once the wheels were locked. mind you i had to bang a lot of the pieces together so its a tight fit

jorats said:
lj said:

hmmm .... that might mean it would not be a good idea to have a CN that is 3 sections high.

Back