Hunter's Gone :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His lungs sound clear, breathing is faster, he is after loosing alot of weight, you can feel it.
I think he is breathing fast becasue of the torb?
Also since surgery his pee has been really yellow and spells like human pee.

He really seems unwell, and no better at all :( I dont know to do, I hate seeing him like this :sad3:

Hunter looks tired but very peaceful. Hopefully its his med that are making him this way.
Hang in there Hunter, the doctor will be back in a couple days.
:hugs: for you Ratty Momma, this must be very hard.

Hunter is no different this morining.
He wants to be alone, everyday when I take him out he always trys to get back in the recovery cage, so that's where he is right now, lied on his side in the corner.
Still I can see his sides move in and out really fast, his lung sound clear.
He had 0.1 pred this morining instead of 0.2.
He ate some strawberry ensure with bananna cereal.
Some Pear.
Some Blueberry Dessert.
Some mashed Potato.
Some chicken veggie baby food.

He eats very tiny bits of each and won\t eat alot of any of it.

It takes him a long time to eat, sometimes he just stops and stares, then eats again.

He has not had any more pain meds yet, should I give him more?

Not sure if it's your camera but he looks like he has "yellow" on his ears and nose. Could he be jaundiced? That could mean he's having liver problems. Poor Hunter.

Your right mamarat I just noticed that, his ears and feet have a yelllow tint :sad3:
Just gave him some more torb 10 min ago.
poor boy :(.
Also he has not been pooping very much the past day
is there anything my vet will be able to do on tuesday? or I'm I just letting him suffer for no reason, and pumping meds into him?
I feel so bad :sad3:

Ratty Momma said:
Your right mamarat I just noticed that, his ears and feet have a yelllow tint :sad3:
Just gave him some more torb 10 min ago.
poor boy :(.
Also he has not been pooping very much the past day
is there anything my vet will be able to do on tuesday? or I'm I just letting him suffer for no reason, and pumping meds into him?
I feel so bad :sad3:

If he went on like this and lingered for ages you would probably want to consider making that decision before it just gets worse, but if he's peaceful right now with the pain meds and nursing that's fine.

:heart:

Thanks Racheal.

It's so hard :(
He eats little bits of everything, still not a whole lot when you add it up, but atleast his eating.
His sides are still going in and out faster than normal.
He wants nothing to do with his family, he just wants me (he has been cuddled with me now for an hour and a half)
He is a strong boy for sure, if I were him I'd be gone long ago.

The pain medication could make him sleepy almost lethargic sometimes. And it could even upset his stomach and cause him pain. I wonder if that's what is happening with Hunter. He won't eat either. Is he drinking?

I think he is dehydraded, he wont drink water.
The bf is gone to get watermelon and petelyte now.
Is there anything else I can do for dehydration?

I am so very sorry this is happening.

(((Hugs))) to you and Hunter.

Hope the pain meds are making him comfortable.

If you had the equiptment you could give him sub-Q fluids ... but you can't, although a vet could.
(viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6235)

There is a homemade rehydration formula you can use if you can't get pedilite.
(viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11058)
When you give oral fluids, be careful to put small amounts in the side of his mouth so he doesn't choke or get the fluid going into his lungs.

Thanks SQ.
I have grap flavour pedilyte, going to try him with some now, also got watermelon which will be good.
He is eating lil bits every half an hour.
He is extremly tired, just lying down with his eyes open, moves from one side of the couch to the other every 30 min or so.

I will try to get him hydraded myself, since the only vet at the office is the one who wont give me pain meds he probably wont hydrate him either .. and I dont want to stress him anymore.

Tuesday cant come soon enough ..

he was on 0.2 pred twice daily, yesterday it was pred 0.2 once, today he had it this morining 0.1 ..lilspz what should I give him tomorrow?
AS soon as he is not on pred and can give him ibprohen (sp?) instead of torb

He just had a syringe and a bit of grap flavor petialyte and a tiny bit of watermelon.
How often should he have the pteilyte? and how many syringe fulls?

That was a bit unclear, it depends, but every couple of hours I'll make sure they take another drink to keep them going - if they want it more often/bit less often then that's fine, glad he's drinking.

Back