Hunter's Gone :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorats said:
Oh Ratty Momma, I'm so very sorry...
You are right though, Hunter is free and hole once again.
Your vet was was trying something out, this is not anyone's fault. It's human error and miscalculation. It happens and we all learn from it.
Big hugs for you.

Thanks Jo, my vet is still learning, and he learns by me and my ratties.
Hunter did not show any signs of not being able to breath until we got almost to the car, and then it was instant, we rushed back in but it was too late he was gone, he just was not strong enough to work it out.
When Dr. D. came in the room and we told him what happened after he only seen us 3 min prior he turned white as a sheet ...he was very upset with himself.
I'm not blaming him because he was trying to help, I respect that he tries so much, he made a mistake, everyone dose, his mistake took Hunters pain away fast, and I think that's the best thing for him :heart: I miss him terriably but he had no life, and to be honest I don't think he would ever get better, he had bowel cancer, and he was extremly constipated, which was from the cancer not the surgery. If he hadn't gone this way, he might have suffered tonight and had a painful death, which is something I never wanted.

How terribly, he's truly a gorgeous rat. RIP Hunter, and best wishes to you too, sucks when you lose your pets :(

This is one of the reasons I refused to go to vet school. I would feel so bad about a situation like this.
It is horrible just to hear about it... A sad situation all around.

Should send some :hugs: to your vet too.
And :hugs: to you for not blaming him. It takes a really wonderful person to not place blame with their vet (when I is actually an accident).

But still so sorry that it had to happen :(

Back