Holiday Card/dessert recipe exchange-12/15/07 mail tomorrow!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat2

I thought a Holiday card/cookie recipe exchange would work well. "Pals" will be assigned Dec 1st.

How this one works:

You are assigned a pal and you will need to send them one holiday card in the mail, a 3x5 recipe card with a cookie recipe on it enclosed in the envelope with the card. Preferably a recipe that you know turns out well!!

The idea here is still to get to know our fellow board members a bit better.

Dec 3rd - Pals assigned

Dec 15th - Postmark date!!

Please send the following filled out questionairre back to me at:

[email protected]

With "Holiday card/cookie recipe" in the SUBJECT
as I am still using this address for our current exchange.

1. What is your name? (real - first and last - and YOUR user name):

2. What is your email address? (Make sure this is an email that actually works and that you check it regularly.)

3. What is your mailing address?:

4. Do you have any food allergies?:

5: Is there a recipe you really do not want to get?:

6. Is there anything you really like in your cookies/dessert? (example: chocolate chips/white chocolate/peanut butter/nuts)

Food allergy question is very important, we do not want to be sending someone a peanut butter cookie recipe if they have a peanut allergy!!!

Signed up so far:

mamarat2
jorats
LA
Notamuised
Melissa'sZOO
Bati
AdventureRats
Smokey
Ashley
Moon
Chicky82

I just recently changed it to a "dessert" recipe exchange in hopes of getting more people involved.

Will we know who our pals are, or will it be a secret like the current exchange?

I'd be interested! :)

SoA said:
Will we know who our pals are, or will it be a secret like the current exchange?

I'd be interested! :)

I was going to have it set up so its a surprise who your pal is, you won't know but I'm going to have the person sending the card put their name. That way as cards are recieved we can post that we got them

Doesn't matter to me if we want to keep it a secret or if you want to share out here on the thread. This will be the thread for it!

jorats said:
I'm in.
Do we send an email to the same place?

Yah but lemme get some questions up, just in case anyone has any food allergies going on!

my only problem is I can't cook :nyahnyah: so I'd have to steal a recipe from my mom and then I wouldn't know if it worked :lol7: and I'd never be able to make my pal's recipe because everything burns on me :cries:

Bati said:
Would love (recipie for) some cookies with peanutbutter but I am sooo far away

But all you would have to do is send a Holiday type card out to ONE person who I assign to you with a recipe card inside! Not sure how much it is these days to airmail a card to/from Europe but I don't think the cost is too hefty!!

I make an effort for my rats...but otherwise I'm utterly useless in the kitchen and thus have nothing to offer. ;D

I'm in!!! Sounds like fun.

I'm doing a Cookie exchange with my good friend Kindra and her (soon to be) MIL. It should be fun, eating cookies and drinking champagne!!

Back