HELP: Missing rat!!!!! - Update, pls don't judge me.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can purchase a live trap at Lowes for sure. You can also try any hardware store like Home Hardware, Home Depot or Rona.
Hope this helps and I would start looking for poops outside of your room.
Keep your head up and think positive :heart:

this just happened to me the other day! I found her bundled in my top drawer. I was so worried, but she came back,so keep that in mind. :hugs:
Look in every little nook and cranny , and be sure to leave food out and search for rattie clues like poops , pees , bite marks , or scattered items.
Good luck , I will keep you and your little one in mind :roseopen:

She's still missing :sad3:

Can't get out to get a trap until this weekend.

Still leaving food and water out, but it's untouched (I counted the number of blocks and blueberries).

No poops...no shredded wires or material...no nothing. My poor babie, I'm out of my mind!!! :cry4:

Oh dear. This may sound dumb but it should work temporarily, set up a box and prop it up with a stick then put some food by the stick. It may just work and if not at least it's something before you have to go out and buy your havahart.

I made a make-shift trap with a large pot and some peanut butter. The idea is that she climbs the ramp, drops down to get to the nut butter and can't jump out of the stock pot.

No luck though.

I'm so worried that she stuck somewhere and can't get out...I mean NONE of the food I've left out has been touched.

minuke99 said:
I made a make-shift trap with a large pot and some peanut butter. The idea is that she climbs the ramp, drops down to get to the nut butter and can't jump out of the stock pot.

No luck though.

I'm so worried that she stuck somewhere and can't get out...I mean NONE of the food I've left out has been touched.

:hugs:
Let me think....I'm guessing she must be out of your room or you'd have found her by now, one way or another. Are there ANY holes in your walls, vents she could have gotten into, anything like that?
Did you check behind your fridge, stove, other appliances?
Is there ANY place in the house she could be getting food from aside from what you laid out? Pantry? Dog/cat food?
and...not to incite panic...but are you 100% sure she didn't get out of the house?

My landlady's townhouse is a mess...lots of holes and junk. I've searched as much as I can while she's out (I haven't told her yet as I know she will FREAK), but no sign. No food or garbage is kept at floor level, and I can't see how she might have climbed up...but even then wouldn't I be finding poop somewhere? I'll have to tell her once I go and pick up the trap, and I'm going to set it on the main level (I live upstairs).

I'm exhausted...I can't bring myself to search my room yet again (I already did this morning) because the anxiety of it all is turning me into a complete wreck.

I don't see how she could have gotten outside through the front door without anyone noticing, but like I said there are lots of holes in this house...we have a MAJOR ant issue, so she might have gotten out that way.

I was out in the garden this afternoon after I searched my room (in the rain!) but if she got out I'm scared she's long gone.

How long has someone had a rat missing before it turned up???

The only good thing is that my remaining 3 girls seem completely unaffected. They're are as happy and as active as ever, and sometimes I just cuddled with Nez and Sweet Pea to calm down. My hands are shaking so much it's taken me forever to type this message.

If you aren't already:
try putting the cage with the other girls in a place that is accessable to her ... like on the floor. Next to the cage, put a smaller cage or box containing soft nesting material, water and yummy food that can not be carried away so she will have to eat it there (example: baby cereal).
You can always try putting something like flour around this area so if she visits you will see her foot prints and see wich direction she took off in.

Hopefully the other ratties will draw her attention and she will come to visit them.
If she finds the food, water and safe place you are putting out for her, she may snuggle down for a nap after eating.

Hope you find her soon.

Landlady leaving for camping on the long weekend. Will place traps, flour and other suggestions as soon as she's gone.

Nothing again this morning. I'm losing hope fast.

No footprints in the flour, no nibbles of the food, no Zumi in the trap.

I went outside to check the gardens again and found 2 holes in the foundation that are big enough for a littll girl like zumi to slip through ( no wonder we have an Ant and mold problem :doh: )

Don't give up all hope, keep looking for her. My friend recently found a rat that had been missing for at least two weeks. She came home and he was sitting on the porch step. She walked up, picked him up, and took him back inside. Good luck finding your Zumi.

Pink

It's near the end of the long weekend........ have you seen or heard anything Minuke?

Nothing. I cleaned everything up today as my landlady came home this aft. I'm scouring outside daily, but it's rained so much since she went missing. What are the chances of a domestic rat surviving outside?

Back