HELP: Missing rat!!!!! - Update, pls don't judge me.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minuke99

Oh dear, I'm so worried. I can't find Zumi!!!!! Zumi was my second rat, I got her from a feeder breeder and she was never handled as a babe so she is super skittish. She's also a notorious escaper. Usually I can find her under my bed, but I have torn apart my room and she's nowhere to be found.

Should I leave out food for her to eat, or hope that she gets hungry enough to come out on her own???

I have looked everywhere. Pulled everything out of my closet, all the clothes out of my dresser. I double checked my matress and can't find any holes...I have no idea where she could be!!! She's only been lost for one night...the last time she did this I found her in the morning on top of her cage, so I kept everything quiet this afternoon but she hasn't come out.

Mrs. Norris was skiddish too.
When I lost her she was curled up in a shirt.
So look in your clothes or blankets or something?

I hope you find her soon!

Some of my rats like to go MIA for awhile, but then they get bored and come to see me. I pick them up, give them a kiss and a cuddle and then put them back. Is she handleable or approachable at all?

She hates to be picked up. I know for a fact the breeder picked them up by their tails...I've never done that with her, but she has remained very skittish still. She will crawl into my hoodie and take Cheerios out of my hand, but other than that she's not very handle-able. Still I love her dearly and really really want her to come home soon.

No sign of her. :cry4:

The food I left out was untouched...she must be stuck somewhere or out of my room (which has never happened before). I have to run some errands this morning, and then will do another room search, then scour the house. Unfortunately my landlady is not very neat and there are about a million places she could be hiding. I'm so worried that she's dehydrated and it's actually going to be a rather warm day today.

She'll come eventually because she needs to eat. Have you considered getting a Hav-a-heart trap and leaving the food inside that?

Zooy said:
She'll come eventually because she needs to eat. Have you considered getting a Hav-a-heart trap and leaving the food inside that?

If it makes you feel any better...Dudley was MIA from Sunday night to this morning about 4 am LOLOL. I scooped him up as he came to get a drink from the small waterbowl on my bedtable. :laugh4:

I agree with Zooy, purchase a "Hav-a-heart" trap and put a peanutbutter cookie or a strong smelling food (cheese is another good one) inside. (do not use actual peanutbutter, she could choke) Was she in your room or does she have access to the whole house? What are your living arrangements like? so we have a better idea.

Before i got my critter nation (rattie escape proof :joy:) My rat Emma was a master escape artist. She would NEVER EVER be in her cage.

Trying calling her name or making kissy sounds, then listen for any chattering. I have found Emma in some weird places. Almost no place is too small for a rat.

When you find her i suggest you get a towel and roll it up and put it in front of doors if you have any gap at all.

And possibly it would be a good idea to use hardwire cloth and cover your cage to make sure that she stays in.

Good Luck
I'm sure that she'll show up!
:hugs:

Where can I get a hava trap? I have searched everywhere. I rent a room in a townhouse. My door is always closed so I'm don't know how she could have gotten out, but I'm almost positive she's not in my room. I was out for the evening and the food wasn't touched. My girls are having their regular out time but she hasn't shown up at all.

No poops, no sign of anything. It's like she vanished!!!! :cry4: :cry4: :cry4:

Back