Good Vibes Needed for Sweet Shy Tyr.. RIP :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dark organ is the spleen (I remember from my high school dissection) and you can see where the blood pooled on the right, indicating a hemorrhage.

So in the photo, there shouldn't have been a pool of blood on the right? I'm just trying to understand which part of the photo is showing what went wrong.

violet976 said:
So in the photo, there shouldn't have been a pool of blood on the right? I'm just trying to understand which part of the photo is showing what went wrong.

the pool of blood is in the correct place Mel, the rat is on it's back, and the so the spleen shows on the right, when it would considered to be on the left side of the body if the rat were facing the other way, get it?

most of our bigger/important abdominal organs, like the liver and gallbladder and appendix are on the right as well, and the spleen is on the left

I don't see the mediastinum, that's the space between the lungs, I'm pretty sure, my father had cancer there :(

Thanks for clarifying everyone, especially Shelagh. I'm sure it's hard for you but I'm certain it helps others when this information comes out of it. Your rats come to you from such rough starts, and get to finally know love & comfort and compassion with you even if it's just for a short while, and then, amazingly enough, get to sometimes pass on the final gift of helping others when their time comes to leave. Doesn't make it easier, but I think it's wonderful all that you and your companions are able to give back to this world Shelagh. Your heart is so big & beautifully broken. :heart:

Oh Shelagh I am SO sorry!!!! :shock:
I thought he would be okay. :cuddle:
Poor sweet Tyr was a VERY lucky boy to have found you.
His life may have been shorter than most but he loved and was loved.
R.I.P. Tyr. :heart:

So the tumor is the white mass above the spleen? And to the right, is that his kidney? Thank you for sharing this picture, it's always interesting to see Necro pics.

Rest well sweet Tyr. I'm so sorry Shelagh.

OK so I was very wrong...there is now a labelled necro pic, done by Marybelle (mod on Goosemoose, FRL and also a friend)

[spoil:2q6fuq51]
TyrNecropyLabelled.jpg
[/spoil:2q6fuq51]

Shelagh, I'm so very sorry for the loss of Tyr!! :cry: It seems at times that it never just rains but pours when it comes to being a rattie lover! R.I.P dear Tyr! :heart:

I am so disappointed that Tyr didn't get to live out his dream life for a while and I'm so sorry for your loss. He was such a special guy.

Oh, the poor boy!

I guess the only thing I can say is good, is that he had this at Dr. Munn's where he could take care of him right away.

::hugs:: I'm so sorry, Shelagh.

Back