Good Vibes Needed for Sweet Shy Tyr.. RIP :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine online, thinks its the tissue didn't have enough good blood flow and has gone necrotic...which would make sense and why I don't smell infection. It will probably need to be debrided. The tissue under it seems healthy although its open.

We have an appointment tomorrow at 9 am with Dr Munn :thumbup:

lilspaz68 said:
A friend of mine online, thinks its the tissue didn't have enough good blood flow and has gone necrotic...which would make sense and why I don't smell infection. It will probably need to be debrided. The tissue under it seems healthy although its open.

We have an appointment tomorrow at 9 am with Dr Munn :thumbup:

Poor baby. I hope that it is exactly what you suspect, and nothing worse. Sending kisses his way. Good luck tomorrow!

lilspaz68 said:
That seems to make sense as the line between the normal tissue and the bluish tissue is very distinct and is along the suture line.
I hope everything goes well tomorrow - hang in there little man!

He has groomed the scaboff of one. It looks a little funky but still no smell of infection.

oct2Tyrsincision.jpg

Well what I thought would be a relatively normal vet visit, and some wonderful time to talk to Dr Munn...was not.

Dr Munn said the lesions were strange but there was the possibility of the blood flow not being good to those spots. Tyr was licking me while I rubbed his ears and Dr Munn was examining him. My boy was sooo brave today...only a few eeps nothing bloodcurdling LOL

We decided on a little ointment to aid the healing and that should've been it.

Dr Munn then said he felt a bit meatier then before (he remembered???) and gave him a very thorough going over...and we found a large mass deep in his abdomen which I felt as well. It was NOT there 3 weeks ago on September 7th. Dr Munn says that once his patients are out and flaccid he gives them all a really good feel over for other tumours etc, and it was not there at all. It was about the size of a slightly flattened walnut :( We were both soooo disappointed, but determining he was able to poop and pee with no issue I was going to take him home to live out the rest of his abbreviated life. Then when he was talking I noticed Tyr walking away from me? Woah! His testicle (he had one normal one and one small one) was a light blue and I pointed it out. From there thing rapidly changed, he became pale and limp and the testicle ended up a very very dark blue. Dr Munn listened to his heart, and felt to see if the tumour was attached to the testicle (wasn't), so the only thing that could've happened is that the palpation of the tumour started him bleeding internally...I had to decide to let my poor lad go right then. Dr Munn will be doing a necropsy for me to figure out what was going on inside my boy. I am still in shock. :shock: :shock:

:shock:

What?????

Poor Sheilagh! Poor Tyr! I am so sorry!!! :hugs:

Those are the worst appointments - going for something almost routine and ending up with a PTS... I feel so much for you... oh no... :cry4:

Got my answer

Dear Shelagh,
So sorry about Tyr...he had a tumor on the spleen with spread to the mediastinal lymph
node. The spleen was very friable and had a rupture in it causing the bleeding.
Sam

Necro pic under spoiler

[spoil:vfxd68ps]
Oct2Tyrnecrotumouronspleenruptured.jpg
[/spoil:vfxd68ps]

violet976 said:
For those with no medical knowledge, anyone want to try and explain what we're seeing in the photo?

HAHAHA not sure...I will take a better look and I'll ask a few people who are more expert to help me with that.

I am so proud of you Melissa for even looking!!! :cuddle:

Back