Good Vibes Needed for Sweet Shy Tyr.. RIP :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I will be leaving in about 35 minutes to drop him off for his tumour removal. He's 25 months old, in decent shape and for once his on/off URI is still Off :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am sure he will get sick right after the surgery so I am ready for it. :cheeky:

He cries when picked up or touched...but we are working on it. I lie on the bed and let him putter around with me watching my shows not watching him. He's approaching me more now and even crawls up behind me and around me. Today is going to be a big blow to our trust work, but if he wants to continue with it, we have to to do this. I am actually pretty worried about today, as the tumour is massive and his family hasnt proven to be at all healthy :(

Bjorn died awfully and suddenly at 20 months.

Glinda died of terrible respiratory at 22 months.

and Tyr is 25 months. Let's hope he's not the norm in his family and lives a lovely 6 more months or more. I want to get to know this boy!! :heart:

aug3Tyr4.jpg

aug26Tyr.jpg

aug28Tyrthatisthespot.jpg

I will be keeping Tyr in my thoughts today. I know you will let us know when things are complete and successful :) Healing vibes coming your way.

Ann

Sending lots and lots of good vibes to handsome Tyr -
[glow=Green:mpr2fr0y]VIBES [/glow:mpr2fr0y]for an eventless surgery
[glow=blue:mpr2fr0y]VIBES[/glow:mpr2fr0y] for a speedy recovery
[glow=red:mpr2fr0y]VIBES [/glow:mpr2fr0y]for no URI flare up!

I called them but its a bit early, surgery is done, but he's still sleeping. I am to call them back in an hour to see how he's waking up out of the anesthetic and they will ggive me a firmer time to pick him up at. I am making a tea right now to see if I can fuel my sick body to make the journey back and forth.

I'm heading out in about 20 mins to pick him up. The assistant called back and said to me "Ohh Shelagh, Chris told me your're really sick, do you want to leave him overnight and pick him up tomorrow?" Soo sweet of them, but I decided Tyr is soo fearful and on his own, after the surgery, this could be very detrimental and just plain scary for him, so I am going to bring my boy home :joy: :joy:

Thanks everyone!!! Now if I can keep him from a Pica night, we should be okay.

He's shell-shocked my poor lad. Dr Munn said the tumour only had one large artery, and it actually was well-encapsulated so came off easily (there is a pic of the pre-op and post-op pics coming by email of this), but he said that he noticed that the skin under the tumour was different, thickened and odd so just in case he removed that as well. Poor Tyr has a big Y incison starting over his shoulder. And to keep a bit of compression on such a large incision he was put into a little jacket.

I got him home and put him on the bed...he basically face-planted LOL

sep7Tyrpostsurgery2.jpg

I held him and he was frozen, eyes open, not moving (probably a lot of it from the constriction of the "jacket"...rats don't deal well with wraps and often become "paralysed".
sep7Tyrpostsurgery3.jpg

He was soo pathetic I took it off of him...here's the incision

sep7Tyrpostsurgeryincision.jpg

and here he is lying on me a little more comfortably and just starting to pick...lets hope this is as far as the pica goes. :heart: :heart:

sep7Tyrpostsurgery.jpg

I didn't know he was going today. I'm so glad he made it through the surgery OK and is recovering. I have to admit I love that pic of him with his little sweater on! Poor boy, I'm sure he'll be feeling better in a few days.
Does he have any issues with his vision? His eyes just look a little cloudy in that last pic...

Back