Good Vibes Needed for Sweet Shy Tyr.. RIP :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 days post-op

sep14Tyrincision6dayspostop.jpg

sep14Tyr.jpg

He is doing fabulous!! Climbing, exploring and having fun. Now he lives with Xanthe but also, he runs with her and Alvin and Thomas as well :D

If he was around right now I would take another incision pic, but he's a bit busy right now...maybe later? :cheeky:

You forgot the HotMan warning... just a momentary tachycardia, I've recovered.
Oh that's a big owie, but it sure looks more like a scar than an injury. He's a lucky little fella to find you. I wish you both a long time of enhancing each other's lives.
Sending you both back the good vibes that I'm feeling reading about your boy...

13 days post-op :thumbup:

He is a very happy boy. :mrgreen: He's confident, and bright, and much more relaxed. He lives with his Xanthe but he has other friends now as well. It really could not be better for my once spooky screamer.

sep20Tyr13dayspostop2_zps2f73361d.jpg

sep20Tyr13dayspostop_zps02d77d2b.jpg

Yay Tyr! He looks great. I'm sure it didn't take him long to get his balance back without his 'friend'. Now he just has to grow his hair back for the winter months...

I sent the pics to Dr. Munn last night and told him especially about the much happier rat, now with friends, trying out new things (wheel) etc.

and i got this..

So gratifying to hear this ! The incision looks great. So happy to have been able to help this little guy.
Sam

So I gave Tyr the obligatory 7 days of abs after his surgery, to help with any possible recurrence of URI (none) and to prevent any infection. I thought we were going just great.

BUT on September 20th, I noticed that under the incision line it seemed bluish...

sep20Tyr13dayspostop.jpg

and 4 days ago I noticed it was hard and swollen (like the tumour was returning) underneath the line.

Then on Thursday night I found this...

sep29Tyrcloseuponincisionsite.jpg

sep29Tyrcloseuponincisionsite2.jpg

and this morning, its opened up and oozing a bit. I do not smell infection but it needs to be looked at :undecided:

sep30Tyrclose.jpg

My poor poor boober boy

sep30Tyr.jpg

Back