Good news/bad news

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you have to have a guarantor to sign it? I wonder if they do that in the U.S. these days too, we actually have to go get them soon if we want to be going on a cruise next year.......or maybe just a visit to Canada :bounce:

ratamataz said:
That's right, my sister had her old principal sign her passport.
Nope. I've moved so much all of my life. My senior prof in Ottawa is not reliable, I haven't been to a dentist before 6 months ago for 5 months, I don't have a vet that knows me for 2 years... I can go on...

Melissa said:
ratamataz said:
Nope. I've moved so much all of my life. My senior prof in Ottawa is not reliable, I haven't been to a dentist before 6 months ago for 5 months, I don't have a vet that knows me for 2 years... I can go on...

Aw, that sucks, how frustrating!
:wallbang:
I wish I could help, I've never had a passport myself.

ratamataz said:
Melissa said:
ratamataz said:

Aw, that sucks, how frustrating!
:wallbang:
I wish I could help, I've never had a passport myself.
Well, there may be someone that can help (depends if he still as his notary stamp) or I have to go to a lawyer or another notary to sign but it takes a long time to process the passport.

Why do you need a guarantor.... and what is the requirement for them?

I mentioned to Wayne last night that we should get one done soon because if we decide to go elsewhere for our honeymoon then at least we have it.

LA said:
Why do you need a guarantor.... and what is the requirement for them?

I mentioned to Wayne last night that we should get one done soon because if we decide to go elsewhere for our honeymoon then at least we have it.
The easiest way for me to reply, is to check out the passport site. As of October 1 though, their rules will be more relaxed but that is beyond my date of travel.

Back