FN pictures

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0540.jpg

DEC29setup.jpg

RM, I love that you have a double wide cage! I always wonder why you never have all the shelves in though, did one of the FN's not come with any? :)

MMak said:
RM, I love that you have a double wide cage! I always wonder why you never have all the shelves in though, did one of the FN's not come with any? :)
One was half price because no shelves came with it, lol ...I am going to order some, seems like whenever I think about it ..I need money for vet bills, etc ..but if I had shelves on the other side, their wheel would not fit (i cant but it on the back because the cage is impossible to move out from the wall, as the wheels in the middle dont move ecause the two cages a joined, and I have lots of rope perches on the bottom half so they can climb and stuff for exercise :)

My new setup! :D LOVE IT!

IMG_5126.jpg

BOTTOM
IMG_5129.jpg

The fabric used in the bottom is SO AMAZING! I found a HUGE sheet of it at Value Village. It's so soft and plush, I will often find them just lying on it. HAHA. And the blue thing at the top right used to be a stuffed animal holder that I got for 99 cents. I can make 3 others with the 1 I bought when they destroy it cause it's so long, but it's been in there for a while and they haven't chewed it, they like to sleep in it. :p

Geez, I think they live in luxury LOL. In the words of my mother, "Your rats live better than you do. They have more space." :laugh4:

WOW. I love your idea with the stuffed animal holder. Can you get those at the dollar stores?

Anyway here's a couple of my recent set ups. Walmart had these blanket sets for three dollars for two blankets and so far i've bought three. Then they had those plastic organizer bins for a couple bucks.

I've been practicing making some shelf liners and whatnot. I've got lots of practice till I get even decent lol :giggle:

image upload

Bottom

image hosting service

Nice set-up! Lottsa fun stuff for your girls!! :)

xenrielle said:
My new setup! :D LOVE IT!

IMG_5126.jpg

BOTTOM
IMG_5129.jpg

The fabric used in the bottom is SO AMAZING! I found a HUGE sheet of it at Value Village. It's so soft and plush, I will often find them just lying on it. HAHA. And the blue thing at the top right used to be a stuffed animal holder that I got for 99 cents. I can make 3 others with the 1 I bought when they destroy it cause it's so long, but it's been in there for a while and they haven't chewed it, they like to sleep in it. :p

Geez, I think they live in luxury LOL. In the words of my mother, "Your rats live better than you do. They have more space." :laugh4:

I haven't posted in awhile, but thought I'd share some pics of the bubbins. For now, Minx & Bosco are in the upper, newbie is in the lower... since Bosco is still being a huffmonster about intros. Neuters scheduled for Monday, so hopefully we can move past it.

Minx & Boscos upper section.
5468470699_5eb31379d7.jpg

newbies lower section.
5468470693_5239728c7f.jpg

Bosco. Doesn't look like a troublemaker, does he?
5468470701_a1175a25f3_z.jpg

newbie entertains himself.
5468470703_cffc2069a4.jpg

& this is how newbie antagonizes Bosco from below. :laugh4:
5468470697_d549abef15.jpg

& beautiful, sweet old Minx, who's just waiting for these boys to get over the nonsense... She's somewhere near two now, & overdue for her unbirthday bash. :dance:
5468470689_42d0c06325.jpg

I finally get to post in here!

This has to be the hardest cage to fill, when you are used to having limited hammocks in a Martin's cage. I had 24hours notice that I was getting the cage, couldn't prepare!

This is the first set up I actually feel ok about. Now to start getting matchy matchy lol

fd5348fc.jpg

Top half that belongs to Londo, Lenir, G'Kar, Loki and Ash. I have witnessed Ash sleeping with Londo and Loki snoozing with Lenir. Intro's went great!

a6a7ef1e.jpg

Bottom half that belongs to Sam and Dean, they love it more than I can explain in words.

455a6447.jpg

The full deal. There IS 5 rats in the top level, you just can't see 3. I have no idea where they are lol

Looking awesome Pits :) I'll have pics in here once I have both sections open and rattified

I have been wondering...
I have heard many stories about rats escaping FNs.. so why doesn't anybody get CNs?
Are FNs better than CNs in some ways?
Considering buying either a FN or CN...
:)

mia9_28 said:
I have been wondering...
I have heard many stories about rats escaping FNs.. so why doesn't anybody get CNs?

Quite a few people have CN's, actually, if you ask around.. they are exactly the same except for the bar spacing :)
FN's are fine for rats as long as they are either decent-size full grown boys OR you've meshed it.

mia9_28 said:
I have been wondering...

I think the primary reason you may see more FN's the CN's is because so many of us scouted for a used cage, & FN's are older & therefore easier to find second hand. I'm told the CN is a great cage, but also just found out that due to it being "no tools assembly", it doesn't hold up to moving in one piece as easily as an FN. I actually take my FN to other houses a few time a year (petsitting/housesitting) & it's great to be able to just throw that monster in the truck & go.

BUT... without hardware cloth, small rats can easily slip through the bars, so I am always nervous when I bring a tiny one home. I think it's really a matter of preference & your own personal needs when deciding which cage is best. :wink2:

PitLuvs said:
455a6447.jpg

The full deal. There IS 5 rats in the top level, you just can't see 3. I have no idea where they are lol

I spy with my little eye a tiny gray head poking out from that white hammock, and possible a big rat bum on the top shelf. :giggle: I may be mistaken though :laugh4:

Cinderwolf said:
PitLuvs said:

I spy with my little eye a tiny gray head poking out from that white hammock, and possible a big rat bum on the top shelf. :giggle: I may be mistaken though :laugh4:

Haha you're right! I think those are Londo and Lenir's... Ash is always hiding in the back somewhere lol

PitLuvs said:
Cinderwolf said:
PitLuvs said:

Haha you're right! I think those are Londo and Lenir's... Ash is always hiding in the back somewhere lol

Is Ash white Cause there may be another little rat bum behind the rat on the far right ? Perhapss

Back