FN pictures

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope some of it has been on there for months and not a single bite mark It is new on the triple level so I will see if i find holes and bloody noses and toes LOL. Since between that cage and the one next to it, there are 19 boys :)

Squeaky Clean!

7163548919_e6d2e12c97_z.jpg

7163549333_76a68ec29e_z.jpg

7163549739_967bdbeef7_z.jpg

& the first night I fall asleep in the living room... Gizmo sneaks under the cage. ::)

7348761206_c6dc850731_z.jpg

7348759352_22931d1bef_z.jpg

Ahahaha. I have to do *something* with them. I've got almost 30 sitting on top of my toilet, and the new girls actually really enjoy shredding them. Makes a mess, but I suppose it's better them than the liners/hammocks.

We're now on an every 3 day cleaning schedule as that seems to be best for Nibs and her respiratory woes.

Squeaky Clean

7432862968_5e8a114670_z.jpg

7432864728_0b75992828_z.jpg

7432863516_6513cd5cff_z.jpg

& lovely girl does love her hammocks. I've noticed the girls seem to enjoy hammocks much more than my boys do.

7432865176_9e5987cceb_z.jpg

7432866122_a57bf19e70_z.jpg

7432861872_d5ef2856f6_z.jpg

Melissa, where did you get that sort of half shelf you have on the top left? and how did you get extra shelves for the cage, can you buy those? I thought you could only get replacement pans, I would love to have an extra shelf or two, and take out some of the ramps

Both of my boys have been getting themselves injured, I haven't seen it happen but they have both ended up with foot injuries- limping around and such

I tried covering the ramps but then they kind of slide down them
:p

I think I either need solid ramps or more shelves and something they can hop up on to climb, and get rid of the ramps altogether

at least that way I could find out if it's the ramps that are the problem

I never see the boys climbing up the sides of the cage (inside anyway) I've only seen my girls do that, and they haven't gotten hurt

what's with the boys? I don't know how they are getting themselves hurt

Great cage set up by the way!! I am taking notes for the next time I clean out my kids cage

they need some new stuff to make it more interesting. Its hard to put a whole lot IN the cage though because I've got a bunch of chubby bubbies
:oops:
well Teddy and Owen are not really fat but the two sisters are, brenna and smidgen
and Evie is a bit plump

Lovey is young and extremely active still so she's a good weight

The little shelf is actually just baking racks from the dollar store, secured by tie wraps and shower curtain rings, then covered with plastic storage box lids.

The replacement shelves midwest sent me free of charge when I told them I had the older style shelves ... the ones that were causing foot injuries & prompted them to redesign the shelves.

violet976 said:
The little shelf is actually just baking racks from the dollar store, secured by tie wraps and shower curtain rings, then covered with plastic storage box lids.

The replacement shelves midwest sent me free of charge when I told them I had the older style shelves ... the ones that were causing foot injuries & prompted them to redesign the shelves.

oh neat idea, the baking racks, I have to see what I can find that would fit and then make sure Ive got something the right size to cover it

That was nice of Midwest to send those to you! I've got the new shelves, I wonder if they'll sell me an extra one or two or if I'd be better off trying to make something myself

no extra $ right now anyway so got some time to think on it and look around, could find something free that would work :wink2:

@ Petunia: They dollar store we have just happens to have rectangular baking racks that are the same size as the rectangular plastic storage box/(shoe box?) lids. I secure the backing rack to the sides of the FN with zip ties, and the one corner that is in the middle of the cage gets a few plastic shower curtain hooks linked together that hold that corner up to the top of the cage (you can see it in the photo below). Then I just sew covers that slide over the plastic storage box lid, and set them on the rack.

Cage pics from a few days ago, with new some Cozy Cavy goodies :heart:

7468985538_40271c8d6a_z.jpg

7468987268_d754068580_z.jpg

7468987958_1e868fd429_z.jpg

Snoozy Nibs
7468991384_3f2caf3331_z.jpg

Free roaming bed setup
7468989528_596f7bf65c_z.jpg

& this is how Gizmo enjoys her hammocks & toys, always chewing her way *inside*. ::)
7468984568_d410c159aa_z.jpg

Squeaky clean, with celebratory liners in just in time for the release of The Dark Knight Rises! Because everyone in this house is a comic book nerd, INCLUDING the rodents! :giggle:

GEDC0101.jpg

I just ordered my CN today and am taking notes from this thread tbh.

I am so excited to have a cage that Pepper can't climb up and jump/fall off of. she is trying to give me a heart attack.

she'll probably figure out how to shimmy up the stand though. I give it within 20 minutes of touching the cage.

I have a whole bunch of box houses on top of my cage, with different levels and hide outs, and they're all connected. When I'm home but can't watch the girls in the play pen, I open the cage doors and let them play around up there until I have the time to set the pen up, so they hang out up there a lot. I learned the hard way that I couldn't have the cage next to ANYTHING, or else Harlow would find a way to the floor, and I have to close the doors when they're on the top now, because she figured out she could get onto the stand at the bottom from the open cage door, and then get to the floor that way.

Tricky little buggers!

Pepper doesn't even care about the fall/jump :wallbang:

if she doesn't climb down the RUUD, she'll jump/fall from the top. so I assume the same with a CN. she just can't be allowed on top of anything high at all. but if we take away climbing surfaces, she tries to climb the walls or shimmy up door frames.

she can't be left alone at all. I spend all of play time following her around and trying to catch her when she jumps or falls :panic:

I am SO hopping the CN will at least eliminate some cage jumps and falls though lol.

Back