FN pictures

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another New Setup! :mrgreen:

IMG_1246.jpg

beckalouise said:
Do your rats not just rip up the fleece on the floor? Mine are so destructive that that would be gone in like 10 mins!!!

I used shredded unprinted newspaper!

ahhh, I might try using a cheap fleece for mine on the floor first and see if it works, but i doubt it haha, I will try that too though!

I tried fleece, with litter pans filled with YN, but with 8 rats the fleece gets soaked pretty fast. With the paper, I get 5 days without having to change it, and that's with 8 rat's, its also free!

beckalouise said:
ok I am going to sound very stupid but what does FN actually mean? and CN and HN i keep seeing them and Im very confused

You don't sound stupid. They are types of cages. FN stands for Ferret Nation, CN stands for Critter Nation.
Not sure what HN is... but YN is Yesterdays News, a type of bedding/litter.
:)

Did a full cleaning today & decided to deck this baby out with baskets/toys. Mind the mismatch... this is what happens when you just grab the next liner/hammock in line. :laugh4:

5222426850_c41e54ebb5.jpg

5222427548_7da55f0294.jpg

5222427360_c70d8016d7.jpg

5221828419_1ceddb136f.jpg

5221828293_6f214eb406.jpg

5222426970_6949af6f66.jpg

Are those two double open on the side?

What is that green tube that you have in there?

And those little flower looking plastic beds?

I love it, I like the metal hanging basket too,

and I may need to borrow that idea with the ramps, that is such a better idea than hanging them under the shelf, I put it back to far once and one of my rats sat there for ten minutes trying to figure out how to get up LOL

that is a really nice set up! sorry for all the question lol I have a double and always looking for ways to improve it

I wish my camera liked me more LOL

The boys double FN. It is taking me some time to build up or come up with my stuff for it plus I am also filling two other cage type things.
67166_478296881408_634516408_6180204_4930860_n.jpg

155692_478297031408_634516408_6180207_6996684_n.jpg

69746_478297141408_634516408_6180210_1480008_n.jpg

hopefloats said:
Are those two double open on the side?

What is that green tube that you have in there?

And those little flower looking plastic beds?

I love it, I like the metal hanging basket too,

and I may need to borrow that idea with the ramps, that is such a better idea than hanging them under the shelf, I put it back to far once and one of my rats sat there for ten minutes trying to figure out how to get up LOL

that is a really nice set up! sorry for all the question lol I have a double and always looking for ways to improve it

Yes, it's two double FN's joined :)

The green tube that used to be in there was a ferret tube hung with cabel ties, they eventually chewed it to pieces and it always used to smell like pee (they used it for their litter box, haha) so I threw them out last night and got baskets to hang up.

The flower things are chinchilla bath houses :)

The baskets are plastic :)

I have no shelfs up top. so theres nore room to hang stuff, so the ladders work well to help them gegt in the hammocks and such :)

No need to be sorry, ask away!

I'll have spudniks soon to put in there, and lot's more hammocks ..I'm excited!

I love the tunnel idea, I might have to check out some pvc pipe or something. That one looked cool but if they ate it then it doesn't work so well, not to mention the pee part.. I love that duel cage though, that is awesome. I am going to have to start checking out the chinchilla baths as well, I love that little flower thing. I have been using the dollar store dish tubs to make extra space for them, the girls cage is a FF so it is limited on what I can do in there, but those dish pan are just the right size. I will be borrowing a few idea from you :)

Back