Eagle is flying North to Canada

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok made it to Mississauga last night around 10pm. Long day of driving. Now need to google map hotel location to DW location.

Welcome to Ontario eagle!!! I hope you are a hugger because you are getting a big one for me when I see you! :giggle:

Joanne left about 6 am this morning *shudder*

So yesterday with only a few minor glitches, Chelle and I, met up with Eagle, Zooy, Dreamwarrior, Vanessa, Jorats, Nickelrat and Jo's son Julian. :mrgreen:

We met in the rain, drove to a Timmy's/Wendy's and sat and yapped at each other. It was sooo wonderful to see everyone, either again or for the first time. I do need to warn people about something. If you meet eagle you had better get over your fears of hugging because you will have NO choice in the matter! :giggle:

Also, in the parking lot, Eagle's House of Fabric opened for business. All these "fabric freaks" were grabbing fabric from the Big Box, oohing and ahhhing. :laugh4:

For the more sewing challenged (like myself) we got premades. :cheeky:
DW gave us all lovely ratty mementoes of the day (mine's already watching me Eliza!), and then we divvied rats up...hehehehe.

After this Jo, Nic and Julien started off on their long journey back to Sudbury, Vanessa and Chelle headed back to previous appointments and we moved on to Canadian Tire, Dollarama, and Fabricland. I think eagle believes us now when we say our fabric is so much more expensive than US. :wink2: There was even a young woman who completely dissed the US once she heard eagle was from Kansas. She was soo young and ignorant. LOLOL

Then we all split up and eagle and I headed back towards my apartment with a quick stop at the Off Leash park at High Park. It was a wonderful walk, met lots of dogs and people and Sparky had a wonderful time. :D Then we headed home and settled in for the night.

Sparky was awesome company :)

Sparkymay23.jpg

Sparky4may23.jpg

Sparky3may23.jpg

So once Rusty wakes up Shelagh, we'll be eating breakfast and heading to your place! He's coming so I don't freak out driving to Toronto!

This morning after a few incidences of blearily staggering into the bedroom to check the critter's screaming (the 4 boys were being a bit dramatic) we got up at 5:30 am. Sparky needed to go out and then I put the coffee on, sealing our waking fate. :cheeky:

We decided that we needed an early morning breakfast and headed off to my favourite place. We went to the Sunrise Grill & Crepe (read and drool people! http://sunrisegrill.ca/menu.html)

I had my usual Sunrise Benedict with home-style potatoes, and eagle had the Heavy Hitte5r (which I tasted and pronounced extremely tasty) :thumbup:

Then it was grocery store, Walmart, and now home. Part of our adventure was to find REAL Canadian Syrup (with a maple leaf on the bottle) to take home to a friend :D

We are going to tidy, play with ratties, and then meet up with Chelle and Zooy later this afternoon for rat toy shopping :joy:

lilspaz68 said:
Hahaha...Zooy, when you see my place you are going to understand this face of mine when I am thinking of FOUR people in my teeny place. :eek:mg2:
Rustys little, we can fold him up!

It was so great seeing everyone! I had a great times, the drive down was rainy but I'll live, the drive back was beautiful, quiet and smooth.
These rat shack reunions are the best!!! I met Zooy, xxchelle and eagle for the first time, DW for the second time she was at the Rat Shack fest last year and of course my dear dear friends Shelagh and Vanessa.

It was a great time. I really enjoyed meeting everyone. The Eagle house of fabrics will come back again. :cheeky:
Sparky has been a great little traveling companion. :nod:

back home in London!!! yay

had an awesome weekend... (in point form)

Eagle txted me at 9am and i was still asleep. so after directing her were i was staying we went off to have breakfast at timmies huurar... we then Drove to the chinchilla flower store were we found jorats and nickelrats.

shortly after zooy and venessa came.

we met up with sheleah and Chellexx. there was alot of rat fondling.

then went to a timmies... but went for Wendy's in sted.

we all then traded the rats that needed to be traded and cages to swap. Eagle had a big box of fabrics, i swiped the rest of them yay!

Venessa jorats and nickel rat left

eagle, zooy, Shelagh, chell and I went to Canadian tire then Fabricland...

Zooy drove me back to my BF's moms house in Missisagua.

what a busy day... it rained most of the time

here are the pictures i took with my phone!

Sparkie the wonder pup... soooo cutttte!!!
IMG_0273.jpg

nickel rat and a rat of eagles who i have forgotten its name.... but a freaken sweet little rat
IMG_0271.jpg

Zooy and her little friend who i have also forgotten the name of... but he is the sweetest rat ever!!! omgosh... (after looking at this pic a little closer i think both zooy and the rat are wasted)
IMG_0270.jpg

Nickelrat jorats venesssa and chell
IMG_0268.jpg

jorats Nickelrat and venessa eating foods
IMG_0267.jpg

Shelagh
IMG_0265-1.jpg

Zooy being silly
IMG_0266.jpg

Back