Dolci is gone :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave her many kisses today, and she is still with us. She just will not let go. We had a nap on the couch just now (her Mom is really sick too) and I woke up and stroked her head, and she bruxxed and even boggled for me!! She won't open her eyes but she still boggled for her mom. :heart: :heart:

Tonight I rushed home from work, squishing into that inch of space on the streetcar/subway/bus. I then ran to the pharmacy to grab Ensure just in case my Mattie girl hadn't left us during the day. I found her sleeping.:) I woke her up and put her on the couch where she started walking around, wobbly, slowly but walking!

Here is my Miracle in High Park!

MattiethebraveDec18eve.jpg

Mattiehasherfirstensure.jpg

and a video of her drinking

She's had 4 cc's now, and I am letting her have a break before giving her more.

I thought this girl was gone 2 days ago :shock:...but I guess she decided to stick around a little longer. :heart:

Mattie had almost 8 cc's of Ensure for breakfast, her motor functions are a little improved. I just think its wonderful to see more of those eyes again! I got used to those closed porphyrin covered eyes for days.

Man, I just now found this.

I am so sorry Mattie is going through this. She is in such great hands though. I hated watching the stroke video, talk about heartbreaking. :cry:

All my best to you and Mattie. Hang in there baby. :hugs:

I am keeping Mattie in my thoughts!!! I know this must be hard for the mommy too. :hugs: Let's hope Mattie continues to improve!! :kisses:

Its very slow for both of us, and its a bit tricky too.

Poor Mattie has only her left paw that can grasp anything. She cannot hang onto soft veggies or big items and just gives up really fast. I am going to have to get very creative and try to figure out what she can grasp and eat readily. I put cereals in her overnight cage last nightof which she grabbed and ate quickly. I guess a balanced diet is going out the window. Baby cereal is lapped up for awhile but she either loses interest or forgets about it. She has a small cage I have on the bed with me overnight. I can make sure she's warm, rested and watch to make sure she's drinking (I woke up to the sound of the waterbottle, and she only wanted 3 cc's of ensure this morning) and eating (since she lives with Food Hounds this is especially important). During the day I have her back in with her cagemates where she can trundle around and get exercise/therapy during the day.

If you cut up stuff really small (carrots, etc) that should make it easier. Or you can make it into baby food like my mom did for me. Take any veggie left over from dinner and make it into a mash, she would put in an icecube tray and freeze it and take them out when needed. Would that help?? That way it's not baby food in a jar but still eatable.

Good idea! Sorry I really should be thinking of these things myself but I am getting overwhelmed at work and I go home at night expecting Mattie to be gone again. :(

Keep the ideas coming!!

That's why we are here.

I hear ya Jo. The only thing I was thinking of is if she gets off cereal at least having a bunch of different foods might peak her interest. Change it up so she doesn't get to side tracked or bored. I know when we are sick there is only so much soup we can eat until we are tired of it.

Back