Darby - Another Crazy Surgery Today - HAPPY :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay, what a sweetie!
I bet she is so excited to be able to scratch and lick and groom!

Fantastic news and a very happy update on Darby, what a good girl! She is such a fighter, and she has the advantage of the best Rat Mom/Nurse ever. Go Darby! Keep us posted! :cheerful:

Got 2 pics (one of the cleaned up incision which just looks so neat and innocuous for all the hell it put us through on Thursday)

May31Darbyincisions.jpg~original

and the darling little gal posed for this one :D

May3114Darby2dayspostop.jpg~original

She's now cuddled in my lap getting strokes and zoning out :heart:

She looks just terrific! What nice clean stitching! She must be feeling sooo good without those tumors hanging on her, even if she is probably a bit sore from the surgery. What a darling! Relaxing on Mom's lap sounds like a good plan for her! :)

I found out today from Dr Munn that the tumours were not normal fleshy things but there were round cystic ones that gushed black goo when incised. My guess is necrotic material/dead blood. Poor Darby!

Here are her incisions now, we have a little more seroma, but nothing frightening and the incisions have pulled a little because she's crazy active LOL

Jun514Darbysincisonis.jpg~original

Jun514Darbysincisonis2.jpg~original

I love when rats groom under their jaw LOL

Jun714Darby2.jpg~original

and OFF she goes again

Jun714Darby.jpg~original

Ew, those tumors sound revolting. Does that mean cancerous, or...? Why would they fill up like that?

She's such a cute, bald cutie!

She IS a dear and deserves all the happiness and comfort in the world. What a strong girl to pull through that surgery and come through with flying colors. Way to go Darby! We loves you, hun! :hugs:

The cheeky monkey is healing absolutely beautifully. :D

Dandelion even gets her pic taken. She's a lovely girl as well but very very independent, she gets Out and goes off and does her own thing. She's good with other rats but I always have to wait until she gets back. Darby on the other hand doesn't play nice with others, gets puffy and huffy. She also gets fixated on them and keeps trying to get to the other rat whether I am holding them or not. :p So for now, it will just be D & D together :)

Dandelion

Jun814Dandelion.jpg~original

Dandelion and Darby (really good pic to show off her healing incisions)

Jun814DarbyandDandelion.jpg~original

Jun814Darby.jpg~original

Jun814Darby3.jpg~original

Aww, great to see an update on Darby and of course, her very photogenic sis, Dandelion! Makes my heart happy to see Darby getting around just fine, with her incisions healing up nicely! Whew! So relieved all went well with her surgery!
You have very beautiful girls there, Shelagh! Send them my love, as well as the rest of your kiddos! :cuddle:

How crazy awesome that that little girl, who had a very questionable prognosis of even making it out of surgery, is doing so great. We love her! :heart: :heart: :heart:
(And her sissy is very pretty too ;) )

Back