CN pictures...show 'em off!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Cage Set-up's again!

Girls!

Boys! (I found a bag holder!!!!! - I was looking for months, and found one at a flea market today :) )

Guess who FINALLY got her little hands on a DOUBLE critter nation?! Yupp Meeeee :D! I am soooo freaking happy with this cage! It was a b**ch to put together, but I loooove it :D And it's huge, I knew the dimensions of it, but never really thought it would be thattt big haha. The whole thing is set up, but the girls are only in the top half. The bottom half is going to be used to store their toys and fleece, meaning I get the whole closet for myself instead of rat stuff haah. This is a testiment to why craigslist is the bestest thing ever : 0 got the whole thing, plus a glass water bottle, a nice carrier, an igloo a bunch of metal food bowls and an almost full bag of carefresh ( which I gave to my hedgehog owner friend), all for 180 bucks :D Best day everrrr!

Enough chit chat, here are some pictures :D
DSCN0806.jpg

Size comparison with their old cage

DSCN0807.jpg

Whole thing

DSCN0808.jpg

Just the top half

And exploring rats
DSCN0809.jpg

DSCN0810.jpg

I feel so special being able to post in this thread :D like part or some exclusive club : )

Here's the second set up :D I still love this cage even after cleaning it :D The part that took the longest was scrubbing down allll the plastic toys haha since I had to clean the toys that were int he rabbit cage as well ( still need to clean that cage haha : P gotta scrub it down and bleach it to get ti ready for a nice craigslist ad ;) )

Anyways here it is. (Photos of the girls exploring it, in their thread in the rat journal section)

DSCN0826.jpg

OMG. Am I finally posting in this thread??! Yes! Just realized I finally can legitimately post here o_O

DCN!!! It's big, is easy to clean, and I LOVE that it didn't require any tools to assemble.
I'm in love!

Cage35.jpg

Cage34.jpg

Rk your cage looks awesome! Isn't it awesome having one? Your rats must love it.

I now have 2 cn's, one for the girls and one for the boys.

10-2.jpg

well, I guess I now feel "worthy" of posting in this thread...lol

"pre" Bass pans:

DSCF1109.jpg

DSCF1124.jpg

here's the lastest pics with the Bass pans:
boys:
DSCF1193.jpg

DSCF1198.jpg

girls
DSCF1208.jpg

I know my cages do "look" messy compare to others, with the shredded paper everywhere but they love it SO much, it serves as bedding, nesting, chewing and entertainment so since the cages are their homes, the fact that it looks messy to us human isn't all that important :)
plus I get industrial bags of shredded paper for free anytime I want :giggle:
and it is hard to see, but there is a good layer of wood pellet bedding under the paper :)

kscanuck785 said:
well, I guess I now feel "worthy" of posting in this thread...lol

"pre" Bass pans:

DSCF1109.jpg

DSCF1124.jpg

here's the lastest pics with the Bass pans:
boys:
DSCF1193.jpg

DSCF1198.jpg

girls
DSCF1208.jpg

I know my cages do "look" messy compare to others, with the shredded paper everywhere but they love it SO much, it serves as bedding, nesting, chewing and entertainment so since the cages are their homes, the fact that it looks messy to us human isn't all that important :)
plus I get industrial bags of shredded paper for free anytime I want :giggle:
and it is hard to see, but there is a good layer of wood pellet bedding under the paper :)

Your cage looks AWESOME, but I think I'd go nuts at night, listening to all that rustling from the paper, I already steal all of the jingling toys out of the cage before bed :giggle: I always get a good few glares for that! Also, how are those new food holders working out? I can see one in the background of your last pic. They look awesome!

I have a rat/craft room so I don't hear anything at night :thumbup:
and the food hoppers, I just got in my SS gifts, but so far so good!!

What's this? A matching cage? No way! Haha, made the rats hammocks for xmas and just couldn't wait to give it to them. All pink and grey :D
DSCN1231.jpg

DSCN1232.jpg

DSCN1238.jpg

DSCN1242.jpg
What a ham.
DSCN1243.jpg

DSCN1244.jpg
She was clearly offended by that last comment ;)

Ah! I loved looking at everyone's critter/ferret nations! Right now I just have a single CN, but that should change in a bout a week as my hubby is getting me another level to accommodate my three new girls. :dance:

Here's my single unit. They love my homemade hammock. :)

408264_10151132488830065_896455064_22439556_488581391_n.jpg

And don't worry about the dog, the rats absolutely love her. :thumbup:

Back