CN pictures...show 'em off!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100 is a amazing deal :) I searched and searched for about a month for one used but had no luck so had to by mine online. I just need the add on for my boys cage and then I am done with cage purchases.Can't wait to see pictures and I am sure the girls will be stoked to have their other half of the DCN back hehe.

So the hubby just put together our new "used" DCN!!! It is in great condition! The only thing is that one of the front door panels does not align perfectly and the bottom pan is a bit chewed up but it does not compromise the safety/integrity of the cage at all. I am so freaking excited to have found such a great deal! And props to the hubby who was willing to go on a four hour road trip to get it for Noka and I. My little boys are gonna be so happy! Pictures to come :cool2:

Yay Hubby! Today was cage cleaning day and we also got our igloos and hanging chew toys and I have only done the older girl and tumor girls cage..I try to keep it simple and easy since they both seem to have trouble getting around sometimes.

IMG_2573.jpg

Here it is, finally!! Just cleaned with new liners. There's still some Christmas stuff because I've been lazy about making new hammocks to match. The cube, my grandma made. The rest of the hammocks and liners I made myself and proud of it! There's a lot of things I want to add to it, but I think it's pretty awesome digs for my two boys. :3

OeirQGL.jpg

Simon is sleeping behind the purple house, that's their favorite corner despite all the hammocks and cool places there are for them. X3

My lazy boys cage after a good cleaning :) Smelled like a bachelor pad in there! The $30 silent spinner is just another hammock to them...lazy butts haha

IMG_2891.jpg

Anyone having issues of your rats just ripping the fleece pan covers to shreds? I put my girls in and the first thing they do it rip and shred away the fleece in the corners. The babies in the bottom did the same and would hide under the fleece pan liners. Any tips?

Mine do it too...pretty much all my liners are shot right now :( The girls are so much worse then the boys but they all do it just the same just takes a boys longer to tear theirs up.I have found that the more secure the fleece is the more they chew the crap out of it..

My solution was to sew 5" flaps on the short ends of the liners. So the liners stay on with the flaps but the girls can still easily get under the liners on the two long sides. It's stopped their chewing of the liners almost completely. I also leave lots of scrap pieces in the cage for them to chew and mess up.

Thanks I'll give it a shot and see if it helps keep my fleece intact atleast I might be able to use a loner twice. Lol right now I have to make new liners every cleaning.

So I ordered two CN add-ons for my two double critter nations. Can't wait to get them and set them all up. The top two sections will be for the girls and the bottom section will house our elderly boys.

No CN, because they are extremely hard to get here and super expensive, but... my new palace! I am still working on decorating it, more hammocks, plateaus, shelf covers.. It is huge, especially for my tiny colony of 3 rats.

20150228_211315.jpg

Not a critter nation! Ware, 3 level with a bunch of stuff in there! Got it for $80!

Also how are you guys getting the fleece to stay on the different levels, are office clips okay if a rat chew on it a bit.

I found that tall bird cage, i think that one might be my next buy if i ever get a bigger cage. 75cm x 60.3cm x 185cm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Stand...els-Apex-Roof-Budgie-Canary-Pet-/310807827289

thanks anain!

yFT6Iif.jpg

This is My Work in progress mice cage

sgKunaM.jpg

And i found this useful, but i had a hard time finding out what was the safest rope/string to use to hang stuff without worrying about the string being unsafe. well i was cleaning my cage and had the chewables beside my sink and his orange carrot fell into the water and it having cardboard under it fell apart really fast but left me with at least half a foot of safe edible rope.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KRQWIW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

There 5.50 each ! i got mine for around 9.

Pd5gqOU.jpg

PS. Sorry if here is a thread for none CN cages but ive noticed some other post other brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
What ive done to prevent my boys from shredding their liners is i putt he main liner down on the pan and clip it in place really well. Then i take another piece of fleece and clip it down loosely. My guys seemed to be interested in shredding the liner so they could sleep under it, so this method has basically eliminated it! They chew on the top fleece sheet but that doesnt matter. They do chew the main liner a bit, but not enough for it to be unusable for a long time.

Back