Classroom Rats, Winner and new babies! *Updated 12-16 *

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is giving birth!!!! Right now! It has started. I see two babies so far and she is still HUGE! I'm so excited! As for the older brothers and sisters I pulled them out just in time, early this morning! Wow, maybe she was waiting for me to do so. Plus the 4 boys out of 11 are going to their forever home today. What a happy day!

I'll keep you all informed. I'm in the chat room under the name RatRunR

Ok I can quite get in to see all of them, Crystal is not in the best of moods yet, BUT I did manage to sneak in a shot of one with a milk belly and then I got the evil eye from Crystal!

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

I also have wonderful news about the first litter. 4 of the boys (which is all of them) have been adopted! Plus they adopted two of my orphans that are a few months older with them! 6 rats in one day, i'm very happy! Here is the new happy couple with the baby boys on them.

IMG_2689.jpg

And the post wouldnt be complete without a few more of the litter one....

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

Thats all for now, as soon as I get a count i will find out who the winner is!

Huge CongRATS!! to the new mom and dad and ratties too.
Good job in finding a good home for those rats!

Who can resist those adorable babies??

It's so amazing the way that mama ratties pick up their babies. They don't seem at all gentle, yet the babies are OK.

When I was fostering Nettie (my first experience with baby rats) I was worried sick when she moved them around. :worry: but they were fine.

jorats said:
Awwww!
CongRATS Godmother!

Such sweeties, was mom trying to bring them back in the cage? :lol:

Oh yes was she ever! I had to close the cage door in order to take pictures and make sure everyone was alright, she was knawing the cage wires like she was breaking out of jail! When I did open the door she rushed out and grabbed her babies and ran them back into the nest. She is very protective of the liitle ones. She is getting less defensive as time goes by. But I still am not reaching into the cage empy handed! :lol:

She is an excellent mom, I see her cleaning and feeding them constantly.

More pictures to come of Dad (Harrold and his new cagemate) The school teacher came by today so I could meet the culprit of all these babies, and to give him a cage mate so he would not be depressed. He was missing Crystal Snowflake very much. Here he is.....

IMG_2705.jpg

And here is Harrold and the new boy (they havent named him yet.)
IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

Now we know where the black and white hoodeds came from.

Happy to have adopted out 7 rats this weekend!

Back