Classroom Rats, Winner and new babies! *Updated 12-16 *

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunzwithRatz

Orange, So California (Rotterdam, NL Originally)
So I get this frantic call late at night. Its a parent from a school, who had taken in the class pet rats for the holiday season. Supposidly they were to be two females :roll: yea you know where i'm going with this........ Well anyways, the parents took them in and next you know, they see a bunch of little ones squirming around, come to realize someone had given birth. Well the parents didnt know much either except that one of the rats did not belong in there. At first they took out the mom and left dad in with the babies. Well after seeing the one they took out had "lots of bumps on the tummy" (sorry had to giggle at that) They realized they had the wrong rat in there. So they put her back in there, not knowing that daddy was waiting with open arms! Yea he did, yup..... Well they saw what he did right away and took him out. Damage done already *sigh* Well they called the School teacher and told her what was going on, the teacher told them to bring the rats back so she could return them to Pet-(cough-cough)-Co. The parents were outraged with this and being complete animal lovers, they contacted my rescue. They explained the story and I agreed to take the mom and 11 little ones in. Mom is barely old enough to be a mom! She is a PEW, I did not get to see dad, but I bet he is a black hooded. SO I have an additional 11 very cute babies and an adorable mom in my rescue now :D
So all I have right now are pics of the babies, I will get mom later.

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

If there is anyone in the Southern California area tha is interested, please let me know, as I am sure little mom is going to have another litter soon.

OH, I am also looking for a name for mom, she is a full PEW.
Thanks!

Oh wow... what a precious litter or beauties.

Can I just say: :iluvu:

People like you that take in huge numbers of rats are true guardian angels.

What about Crystal? for mom?

Yikes, we had that happen with classroom gerbils when I was in 3rd grade (now I know better and wouldn't have had gerbils in the classroom anyways).

What beauties! I say you give the momma a Christmasy name. :D I demand pics of the mom!

Oh my gosh, those are some gorgeous hoodies in there! I love B&W hoods.

I think Crystal Snowflake is a lovely name. Or Crystal Waters... but Snowflake is more festive.

Ahh they are beautiful and again another thank you from me too for taking them in!! I'm in MD otherwise I would love to help you give some of them a home.

Well I promised pictures of Crystal Snowflake (sorry they are a bit late I was in the hospital) Here is the school room mommy, babies were sound asleep.....

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

It was so funny, after each picture she would squint her eyes and run away, but then come running back just as quick for the next shot!

She is turning out to be a little sweety, she likes to test taste the fingers.
Coming soon......more baby pics, they have opened their eyes!

RunzwithRatz said:
So I get this frantic call late at night. Its a parent from a school, who had taken in the class pet rats for the holiday season. Supposidly they were to be two females :roll: yea you know where i'm going with this........ Well anyways, the parents took them in and next you know, they see a bunch of little ones squirming around, come to realize someone had given birth. Well the parents didnt know much either except that one of the rats did not belong in there. At first they took out the mom and left dad in with the babies. Well after seeing the one they took out had "lots of bumps on the tummy" (sorry had to giggle at that) They realized they had the wrong rat in there. So they put her back in there, not knowing that daddy was waiting with open arms! Yea he did, yup..... Well they saw what he did right away and took him out. Damage done already *sigh* Well they called the School teacher and told her what was going on, the teacher told them to bring the rats back so she could return them to Pet-(cough-cough)-Co. The parents were outraged with this and being complete animal lovers, they contacted my rescue. They explained the story and I agreed to take the mom and 11 little ones in. Mom is barely old enough to be a mom! She is a PEW, I did not get to see dad, but I bet he is a black hooded. SO I have an additional 11 very cute babies and an adorable mom in my rescue now :D
So all I have right now are pics of the babies, I will get mom later.

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

If there is anyone in the Southern California area tha is interested, please let me know, as I am sure little mom is going to have another litter soon.

OH, I am also looking for a name for mom, she is a full PEW.
Thanks!

OMG.... they are FABULOUS!!!!!! Honey, if I were in California right now, I would be reserving at least 2, if not more, of the little darlings (same sex thanks ever so!!!! LOL!!!)

I agree with the parents. Returning the rats to Petco is not a solution. They are obviously incapable of knowing what is best, for a rat, if they can't even tell the difference between a male and a female. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ... is it THAT HARD to tell? I'm not Einstein and I can STILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE! DUH!!!

Wasn't the female, white, rat, in the film Willard, named Aphrodite? Another idea is Bionda. Bionda is Italian for "white" according to my ex-husband. 2 ideas although I am certain that you will receive plenty of inspiration from the others!!! :love6:

Back